CrazyBoards.org

I want to scream and cry!

I've tried Celexa, just makes me angry even more. I've been on Zoloft 100mg for 3 years now. I have been diagnosed with Anxiety/depression. I feel as if it's not working, and I am getting worse. Could I have been misdiagnosed? I'm becoming more angry. Like right now, I feel like screaming very loud, crying, and very anxious all at once. I also feel irritated when someone gets too close to me.

I am also experiencing anger rages at work. I will ask someone to do something, and explode if it's not done right, the way I want it, in the time allotment. Then I blame it on them, for not doing it the way I want it. I'm controlling, because I think I need to lead the right way.

I hate MYself. I hate being like this, I can't get it under control, and I am hurting others.

I was up all night reading posts on the web about mood stabilizer, and anger issues. I have symptoms of mania, and almost bipolar and ocd issues. Should I get on Sam-e's or something while taking the zoloft? I need to change doctors. I also feel scatterbrained.

I feel like screaming, and crying right now. I can't believe I'm like this. I was never this bad, till I started medications.

i also deal with some pretty serious anger and anxiety issues (more so than other typical features of depression)...i found that prozac helped a lot. i now take cymbalta which seems to be helping as well. after i stopped taking prozac my anger was so bad i did things that i never would have done, like calling my boss a liar and nearly getting fired... i had to take klonopin to get it under control. my experience is that, even though meds may seem to make things worse than they would have been had you never started taking them (if you stop taking them or they stop working), they can still help a great deal. anger is just an outlet for depression and anxiety, so dont give up....

I overlooked the fact that you've been on SSRIs for a long time now. It definitely seems like a "good" time to try something else--or even another SSRI, but just something else. I'm kind of surprised that you've stayed on Zoloft for so long if it really isn't working--and may even make you feel worse...

Definitely stress how angry you've been feeling. Your doctor should know that--if he/she doesn't know yet? (You never mentioned it before? Or was the doctor just ignoring your concerns?)

If your doctor keeps ignoring your concerns, you really should find someone else...

My doctor closed his doors. This was a general practitioner. That might have been my problem. Maybe I should find a psychiatrist. I'm on the lookout for another doctor.

I just thought I could buy valerian root or something natural to help with my anger side. Until I find the right doctor, I need something to get me by. I even thought about watching a movie that makes me cry. I feel so suppressed with emotions. If I don't get these feelings out, I know I'm going to explode with either angry, or tears.

My doctor closed his doors. This was a general practitioner. That might have been my problem. Maybe I should find a psychiatrist. I'm on the lookout for another doctor.

I just thought I could buy valerian root or something natural to help with my anger side. Until I find the right doctor, I need something to get me by. I even thought about watching a movie that makes me cry. I feel so suppressed with emotions. If I don't get these feelings out, I know I'm going to explode with either angry, or tears.

That sucks! Yeah, you do need a new regular doctor as well as perhaps a psychiatrist.

My only concern about valerian is that it might interact with the Zoloft. (I have no idea whether it does; it's something to look into and rule it out.)

Archived