CrazyBoards.org

Hello Fiona,

I recently posted a topic called lamictal and seroquel- an update... and no one has responded...

I have checked the med interactions of the four at low dosages and there are moderate interactions between all of them, but I wonder at what dosages?

1.  100mg seroquel am,. 200 pm

2.  1 mg klonopin am. 1 mg pm

3.  75mg lamictal am, 75 pm

This cocktail has started to phase out on me ... having serious depression, anxiety, and rage problems all rolled into one with rapid and ultradian cycling... also the cognitive effects have not been fun... so I didn't really want to up my dose of seroquel in particular...

4.  going to be adding 150 mg of lithium carbonate at night... do you know of anyone who has tried this cocktail- with low doses of everything... I am about to FREAK

oh I got 7, 2.5 mg tabs of zyprexe for emergency use while at the doc today also

Thank you for any insight, advice you may have!!!

;)

I have checked the med interactions of the four at low dosages and there are moderate interactions between all of them, but I wonder at what dosages?

1.  100mg seroquel am,. 200 pm

2.  1 mg klonopin am. 1 mg pm

3.  75mg lamictal am, 75 pm

The interactions are not entirely controlled by dose. You may have less of a side effect because the doses are small, but it small dose won't necessarily prevent the interaction effect. Some moderate interactions are not really troublesome, more a question that if you start to have trouble then you should be sure to check out the combination effect. I take quite a bit more Lamictal and Seroquel than you do and don't have any trouble with the combination.

This cocktail has started to phase out on me ... having serious depression, anxiety, and rage problems all rolled into one with rapid and ultradian cycling... also the cognitive effects have not been fun... so I didn't really want to up my dose of seroquel in particular...
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this stuff again. I remember how eager you were for something to work!

4.  going to be adding 150 mg of lithium carbonate at night... do you know of anyone who has tried this cocktail- with low doses of everything... I am about to FREAK

I've never tried lithium in combination with any of those. I did take lithium for quite a while, and I rather liked it. It did a very good job at slowing my amazing drop from 'severely depressed' to 'kill myself now.' It didn't prevent it, but slowed it down enough for me to do something safe/get help. And it really boosted my anti-depressant at the time. Remember, though, I'm not bipolar so I was looking for something a little different. I had trouble with a tremor, but until it interfered with my thyroid that was the worst of it.

oh I got 7, 2.5 mg tabs of zyprexe for emergency use while at the doc today also

Zyprexa can be very good for emergency use -- it acts quickly. I tried it for a brief while, but it put me to sleep very effectively. I had to set an alarm to wake up to take the next dose! So I didn't stay on it long enough to see how helpful it might have been.

I hope something works and stays working for you!

Fiona

I'm not Fiona, but I am on some of the same meds as you. I take 300 mg of lamicatal- At 200- I was still suicidal-oh-btw- I'm bp2. 300 was the "magic" dose for me- without lithium. I am not a pdoc, but have you thought about increasing the lamicatll(Ican'tspell today!) . It seems to me like it would be better to incease one med before adding another, especially lithium. Lamicatl has a ver y  high success rate for bad depression. Hope this helps- and I hope you feel better soon-mel

I'm not Fiona, but I am on some of the same meds as you. I take 300 mg of lamicatal- At 200- I was still suicidal-oh-btw- I'm bp2. 300 was the "magic" dose for me- without lithium. I am not a pdoc, but have you thought about increasing the lamicatll(Ican'tspell today!) . It seems to me like it would be better to incease one med before adding another, especially lithium. Lamicatl has a ver y  high success rate for bad depression. Hope this helps- and I hope you feel better soon-mel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you mel (and Fiona)...

the scary thing about upping my dose of lamictal is that I think it is bringing out my underlying rage problems with a vengeance!!!  So I did consider upping my lamictal, but scared to do that...

also I am hoping for the neuroprotective and brain cell rejuenating effects of lithium... I am only going to take 150 mg at night.

I wonder if anyone on this site has tried the aforementioned cocktail?

;)

Archived