CrazyBoards.org

Trying to figure out where this anxiety is coming from

The past few months, I've had such a great handle on my anxiety and have been working on a lot of cognitive behavior stuff. It was helping...well it still is helping

But

The past few days I have felt the anxiety building. I went and confronted what I thought was causing it and while it helped it did not bring my anxiety levels back down. It probably prevented them from getting a hell of a lot worse, but bringing them down...no.

I have a lot of my old physical symptoms of my anxiety coming back... which I have learned is my body's way to alert me to the fact that I am stressing something. Only now...I can't figure out what it is.

So far this morning, I have done little more than pace the floors of my house, feeling so keyed up. My mind won't shut up and I'm quickly getting the point where I just want to throw up. Or cry. Or both.

I KNOW that something is bothering me, but it just isn't clear. And since it is not clear, I haven't the foggiest clue how to go about fixing it.

I really hate times like these!

ETA.... I wonder if it isn't something like residual anxiety. I did have myself pretty keyed up there over something stupid for the better part of a week.

Archived