CrazyBoards.org

Getting thru a depersonalization/derealization episode

I have been having high levels of anxiety which I think are contributing to a lasting episode of DP and Derealization. I feel so cut off from everyt

hing. It all seems so small and far away. ;) I really want to cut to refocus :)

Does anyone have a safe way of focusing and regrounding? I dont have any meds to address the anxiety, so thats not an option for me.

TIA

I hate these episodes. I think vigorous exercise has helped me the most. Like, running a mile or two vigorous. Someone told me (I always want to say it was SunshineOutside, but I don't remember) that distracting oneself is good to do during these times.

Helping finding my triggers has made a difference. Big box stores trigger me, so I either take hubby with me or I put on some headphones and tune the noise out. I also do poorly on Sundays. There's something ominous about the week starting...So I try to get up early, exercise, get a coffee, and do whatever I can do break up my day. The worst thing to do is sit around the house. I often have hubby drive or catch rides from friends depending on the activity, since I tend to almost get into accidents when driving during a depersonalization episode.

I wish I could give more advice. I'm going to talk to my therapist about this next time I see her and see if I can get some more tips.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

having suffered since i was 8 years old .. ( im now 30 !! )

i find taking yourself out of the situation you was in at that moment and get up and do something else .. your mind will be tricked and your dp/dr will slowly ease away !! ..

this is just a little tip .. i know many more lol !!

• 7 months later...
Guest private

I have been having high levels of anxiety which I think are contributing to a lasting episode of DP and Derealization. I feel so cut off from everyt

Does anyone have a safe way of focusing and regrounding? I dont have any meds to address the anxiety, so thats not an option for me.

TIA

Guest private

TIA

Guest PRIVATE

TIA

Archived