CrazyBoards.org

who has a tattoo

I don't have a tattoo. But always wanted a gecko on the back of my neck.

I do have my nipple pierced. I woke up one morning and just though, out of nowhere, that I had to go to a piercing shop immediately. The guy pierced it wrong and had to re pierce. But it was totally worth it. I think it is pretty and I have had it for about 8 years now.

I have two, but they're small and I'm only 21..I've got time :) lol

the first is a morning glory on my inner right ankle, I got it on my 18th birthday and had been planning it for a while-- the design was from my parents wedding invitation, a friend of theirs was a printmaker and made the morning glory border for the occasion. it's just two solid colors since I wanted it to be very simple (and to age well, lol.)

(backstory): when my parents were just first dating, my mom had a morning glory plant in her window in her small boston apartment, but she was terrible at remembering to take care of it, so it wasn't blooming well..my dad started watering it and taking care of it when he was over and it started growing really well and blooming ((cue: awwww...)) I didn't even know this story when I got the tattoo-- I just knew that we alwaysalways had morning glories in the yard wherever we lived and both my parents took really good care of them..and we've always had a few paintings of them in the house too..so the history was just a bonus (and they couldn't get mad when they saw it for the first time on the day of my high school graduation..)

the second is a small black outline of a heart on my inner left wrist.

it's very important and personal to me-- I got it over some SI scars that I had on my wrist as a promise to myself to never cut or SI again. this was november 2005 after my freshman year of college (and it's a good thing I did it then because the depression was only *starting* at that point and I can't imagine the damage I would have done without that promise. eep. not gonna think about it) -- haven't since.

only for the reason that I would have to see this tattoo every day for the rest of my life and KNOW that it didn't mean ANYTHING anymore and that I had failed myself. it sounds corny, but it's a reminder that people love me and I need to love myself. I can't imagine myself without it now, it's such a part of me.

that was wordy. (as always)

can't wait to read about everyone else's! I decided after #2 that I wouldn't get anymore tattoos until I reach my goal weight (40 down, 50 to go!) and then maintain it for a full YEAR. tattoos are addicting imo, lol, I needed to set that limit--- and then I'll have the opportunity to really celebrate...it will certainly be peacock inspiried if I ever get it.

man, *still typing*! sorry guys ;)

m

I have crescent moon on the outside of my left ankle. It was totally impulsive. I just got up one day and got it done. It suppose to symbolize sovenreinty (I dont know how to spell that).

I want another one. Wanted I should say. A black sun on my right ankle. But I dont think I'm going to get it now. Too personal. Would basically be like putting a certain someones name on my body.

I plan on getting one this summer. A celtic knot, with some sort of band (I really like tribal, but that may look stupid) around my ankle. I want it there to be an ever-present reminder not to drink. It's my own personal association with the design.

I have 10 tattoos and I'm only 23.

I got my first tattoo when I was 14 or 15 - it's my name in alibata (indigenous Filipino characters). I had it when we had the second people power revolution. I can't remember which was my second but I have a cross and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. I also have a fairy trapped in a dew drop, I had it done because she looked so happy in her little bubble, but the tattoo itself is about 5 inches high. I also have another alibata writing on my upper back in a circle and POWER written down my spine. All the mentioned tattoos are on my back. I also had my nickname tattooed in my belly, waves on my ankle (which is a cover tat for something else), Manchu inscription on my left ring finger and something on my butt.

Most of my tattoos don't have special meanings, I just had them done when there's a sad occassion. I guess sometimes I just need the physical pain to get over the emotional one. Not really helpful.

I have the comedy and tragedy masks on my breast. Got it about 11 years ago. I was just getting out of the hospital and felt it described my life correctly.

Wow! That really says it all.

I have 2 tattoos, one on each upper arm by the shoulder. The first is a Pacific Northwest Native American design of a Thunderbird. The other is the Southwest Native American spirit, Kokopelli. I love Native American art and culture, as well as their respect for the earth and community. I'm also a musician.

I really want to get more but it seems like a frivolous expense right now.

i have full sleeves, well one is half done the other is done....

my left arm is a themed tattoo of the neverending story movie. my fav movie of all time.

my right is a bunch of stuff that will be tied together

i also have placebo lyrics tattooed across my chest, arabic script on my stomach a large calf piece of a koi, diamonds on my neck and some other stuff...

I have a ring of fire on my right shoulder blade inspired by the Johnny Cash song, "Ring of Fire". I didn't get the tat until I was 30. Unlike many of my decisions, I took a long time to think about it and make up my mind. I'd love another, but can't decide where to put it.

Phoenix

I have 2

One on the outside of my left ankle of a purple rose - spur of the moment thing when I got remarried in 2001

the other is on the outside of my right ankle (and much larger) which I got for our 5th anniversary

the tat is of 2 hearts joined with angel wings and a halo - the hearts say "Fly Free" which is kinda been my thing for a while

the hearts represent my 2 girls

I just want to fly - Sugar Ray

This is a funny thread. I have two. A heart tatooed on the inside of my middle finger when I was very young, and three birds on my upper arm, signifying my three "free as a bird, quirky children" I would like to do more, but I am getting older.

I have four tattoos. My first one I got illegally when I was 15. It's on my upper left thigh and it's of Leonore, the Cute Little Dead Girl form Slave Labor Graphics. I got my next tattoo when I was 19. It's of the comic book character Elektra from Marvel comics. It goes across my lower back. Yes, it's a 'tramp stamp', lol. My third tattoo is of the number 37. It's right below my 'tramp stamp'. It's my favorite number. My fourth tattoo is on the same thigh as the Lenore tattoo. It's of an anchor with a daisy wrapped around it and underneath the initials M.A.F. The initials stand for the name of one of my best friend's. She has a tattoo of a boat with my initials underneath. We both plan on getting those touched up and added to because the guy who did it, did a really crappy job LOL.

tat.jpg

This is actually a cover of a tat of Orion that I got on my 21st B-day. The stars were crappy so I covered the whole thing. Need to get an Orion tattoo eventually. This one I designed and had an awesome tattoo artist in NYC. She's farther away in Westchester now which sucks. Tanya Goldberg aka Pinky.

leftankle.jpg

I'm not catholic or even overly christian, but I love the sacred heart. All torturey and painful. I got this one after my first hospitalization in 2005. Total whim.

tat2.jpg

The yin yang in the center of this I got at the same time as the sacred heart. Well, the next day or something I think. Planned on getting the waves after, because I didn't like the look of just the yin yang and I didn't especially like the job the chick did on the yin yang. Got the waves the next year on a whim too after visiting a friend and being near what I knew to be a good shop. I told them what I wanted and a guy freehanded it, which was cool. Little bit of ink - and Voila!!

So now I have earth (lotus flower), fire (sacred heart), and water (waves duh). I need to get an orion tattoo on my other cheek and then will have air. Whoopee!!

I have a lighthouse on a rocky shore with a wave on the inside of my right ankle. To me it signifies life. Ok....here goes. Your life is the ocean, sometimes calm and other times stormy. Can't control the ocean, you ride it out knowing that the tides always turn. The lighthouse symbolizes all that is important to me; my son, fiance, religion. It can't change what is on your ocean, it just guides you to where it is safe. I think this is a great thread!!

When you said 'Orion' it made me think.

It would be interesting (?) if someone had their whole body tattooed with an accurate star map of their hemisphere!

Maybe the way the sky looked on their birthday or something! (Hopefully not a cloudy night!)

All those little points of slightly varied colored light.

Boyfriends staring at your Milky Way and trying to find your constellations! ;)

Or a moon map tattooed you-know-where! A new perspective on mooning someone! (and "realistically" (?) a little more practical though than a star map!)

Or not! :)

Sorry! Weird mood this AM. Not quite time yet for tdoc appointment.

(Anyone who does this please be sure to post pics! :) )

I have one on the back of my neck. I got it 2 years ago at 31 when I was leaving Thailand after living there awhile. My state of mind was very sad to be leaving and intimidated about the move. That was before true depression hit me. I was himmy-hawing about a tat for a long time and decided the location on my body pretty quickly. It was done with the traditional bamboo method (fucking ouch!) and is in Thai script. It's a common saying which loosely translates into "honor the people that are true to you". For a few good friends who became very close and were like a family to me, as well as my husband.

I'm glad I did it, but maybe would have put it on my back, because I have to wear my hair down in certain situations. And I'm a big ponytail girl.

I plan to maybe get another one soon. A small purple orchid on the top of my foot. Still thinkin...

first off i am totally jealous of all of you ;)

i have one tattoo, it's a sort of celtic wheel thingy, with a vine wrapped around my right leg about two inches above my ankle. it is OLD now, probably around fifteen years, and it needs retouching so bad i woudn't even take a picture of it! not to mention the gazillion other tattoos i've been wanting over the years... someday... it's a money issue.

although weatherworn, our tattoo is really meaningful because it was done by a friend who died a few years afterward from an accidental OD (he was an addict). so it's always been a good reminder of him.

on a similar note, has anyone ever had someone else get a tattoo about you specifically (like your name or something that represents you)? our ex has one, a tearing eye amongst the other stuff tattooed into a sleeve. he got it when we broke up after five years. he said he never wanted to forget the years we had together though he knew they were really finished.

sometimes it makes me feel special and other times it makes me feel creeped out. i dunno. i guess it depends on how i'm feeling about that ex at the time (sometimes i remember the bad, sometimes the good).

i like this topic.

Archived