CrazyBoards.org

i usually drink without taking my meds. I have been taking my meds so i feel better and am having a hard time. The meds make me feel a little better, but at night i feel the urge to drink. Any recommendations?

Are you wanting to quit for good? I had an excrutiating time quitting, I've been a blind alcoholic for decades. Finally knew the time had come to sober up, and with the help of tdoc and AA (yes, AA), I've made it nearly a year now. Um yeah, couple of slips. I know a LOT of people don't like AA, and you aren't forced to believe in the traditions and steps, and I never made past step one. And I don't say the prayer at the end either. I eventually quit going, haven't been in months, but those first few weeks it helped a lot to be around people who understand how hard it is, and to get support. I could sit and sob in meetings, and no one batted an eye. They've all BTDT.

I don't know, maybe thisisn't the type of answer you're looking for, but it was just my experience. Aug. 4 is my one-year sobriety date.

I'm used to drinking a bottle of wine every night with 9 a nine med cocktail to boot. Not smart, but I did it anyway. I haven't had a drink in 3 days, but my husband drinks like a fish and it's really hard not to drink with alcohol rampant in the house. Good luck to you, my friend, for this will be a huge uphill battle. I'll be right there with you.

i usually drink without taking my meds. I have been taking my meds so i feel better and am having a hard time. The meds make me feel a little better, but at night i feel the urge to drink. Any recommendations?

Hey Manny,

I just joined this forum because I've been having trouble with my meds, but I stumbled upon your post and thought I would reply.

I stopped drinking and using other substances years ago because my anxiety and depression got so bad. I finally had to get on an SSRI to stabilize me

hi manny,

i think rabbit37 asked a good question. are you intending to quit for good or are you trying to reduce intake? if you are planning to stop drinking then i'd suggest going to your gp or tdoc/pdoc and tell them what you are planning. i think that getting a lot of peole on your side is a good thing. myself, i didn't go the AA route but it took me a long, loooooooooong time to stop. i think it's about 3 years now for me so it CAN be done.

good luck,

grouse.

Archived