CrazyBoards.org

A while ago, I came out of the shower to find my fan whispering. I listened closer and all I could really make out was that it was talking about coffee. Java, to be exact. And it wasn't the usual "brain making order out of chaos" thing. The fan was communicating words.

This is embarrassing, but has anyone had a similar experience?

Or is this just... I don't even know.

night before last my fan was playing heavy metal.

other night it wanted cookies, oatmea, not chocolate chip.

last night it was saying "yesterday"

the human mind wants to turn sounds into speech, to make order and meaning out of chaos.

i think maybe people like us either do it more often or are just more bothered by it.

but it happens to everyone.

(refrigerators are the worst for me. they sound like techno.)

I had a refrigerator sing "Dream a Little Dream of Me" once.

If you're sure it's hallucinating and not your brain being mean, getting in touch with a pdoc, any pdoc, soon would be a good idea.

If you can't get in touch with anyone, cutting back on the stimulants until you can would probably not be a bad idea.

i've had things like that happen to me... well... probably more times than I'd like to admit. A few of them I am quite sure I was genuinely hallucinating... a few others I think I had just under-slept and over-stimulant-ed....

yeah, I don't know... yeah, that didn't really help, did it? sorry...

If you're sure it's hallucinating and not your brain being mean, getting in touch with a pdoc, any pdoc, soon would be a good idea.

well, it's not such a big deal right now. It happened months ago and the very little stuff that I was hearing pretty much stopped, but I had told a neuropsychologist about it and he was a little concerned, but not terribly so. It wasn't "hurt yourself or someone else" stuff, just my name every once in a while, so didn't seem to be an issue really. I haven't heard it for a couple days though and I only told him because we were talking about that sort of thing and it kind of came up.

I have some odd ball things happen at time. I keep some zyprexa on hand for emergency craziness. as you said, It is not telling you to kill yourself. most of us who hear voices know when to get worried, esp after a few years practice.

I am so grateful this board is here. we can post this and not be mocked.

take care of yourself

i'm stars now.

hi,

at my mom's place i have my own AC in the room- and its right next to my bed. typically i dont hear stuff...however...a few days ago i heard cartoon voices. i checked the house (you never know) and everyone was asleep, and all the tvs, computers, radios were off.

this happened to me a lot several years ago...but i think the seroquel squashed most of it.

db

Archived