CrazyBoards.org

Going back on meds I think

The past couple of weeks have been hell on me but the past few days I have completely reverted back to the anxiety/depression that felt like it was going to kill me last summer.

All my old anxiety symptoms have reappeared....this time with a wonderful mix of depression. Yesterday was my birthday and I spent 5 hours of it crying, for no apparent reason.

And with the anxiety symptoms, although I know they are anxiety and they can't hurt me I can't tolerate having them there constantly. No one should have to live like that.

I went off my Celexa back in April cold turkey. I thought I was doing great and had beaten this but I guess not.

I found my old bottle that still had 1 refill left so I am getting that filled and picking it up today and am going to talk to my doctor and tell her it has all returned and see if she recommends to stay on the Celexa or try something else.

I just can't go through this again, not when I know I can ask for help.

I should have paid closer attention when the feeling first started coming back, instead of letting them get bad again.

That was actually a good summation of a very common occurence. And you're really doing everything you should be, by refilling the script and going to the doc. Talk to the doc about how to start too, not sure if you should go up gradually or just jump into it.

It sucks that by the time we realize there's a problem, it's usually a really BIG problem. And that you know it may take at least a few days until the meds start kicking in and you start feeling better.

All you can do is remember this time if you ever have a time where you're thinking of going off again. I agree w/ VE - Good for you!

sadly thats why i have vanquished my hopes of a med free life and changed it to hoping to be able to only need meds for spot treatment but then i take benzos. im currently weaning off and to be honest i want to be free of them but i know i will always need them at least once in a while. i try not to be too optimistic about it.

if have had that mix of depression and anxiety... for me i get bad anxiety which makes something seem impossible and then i get super depressed about the fact that the anxiety is making my life hell. you are doing the right thing. don't beat yourself up for going back on meds, no one should have to suffer like that.

I hope that you might consider seeing a therapist, as well as taking meds. Time and again, I've seen folks here at CB do better when they get competent therapy in conjunction with the right medicines.

Just a thought.

olga

I refilled my meds but need to go back and see my doctor.

Sometimes I wonder if it is just anxiety/depression. I'm starting to become convinced I have some sort of other mood disorder with the way I can seemingly find no balance in my life. Everything is either fucking fantastic or crashing down around me... there rarely seems to be a middle ground for me.

Archived