CrazyBoards.org

Anyone have experience with Provigil

Not sure if this belongs here...

(I've posted several times, but this is the first post that I have started... Took me awhile to find the "New Post" button...)

My pdoc is adding Provigil to the mix...

Anyone have experience with it... possibly mixed with AD's?

Not sure if this belongs here...

The stimulants board is probably the closest fit, as the main uses seem to be maintaining alertness/wakefulness and maybe as an adjunct in ADHD treatment (I don't know of an actual approval for that use though)

My pdoc is adding Provigil to the mix...

Anyone have experience with it... possibly mixed with AD's?

That will depend on the AD. One online reference indicates it may be a P450 1A2 inducer, so it's possible that imipramine, amitriptyline, clomipramine, and fluvoxamine may be metabolized faster. That may reduce effectiveness or it might change the side effects profile somewhat... or there may be no noticeable change in antidepressant effect at all.

I've taken Provigil on & off through the years. When I'm depressed and tired, it helps me get going and sharpen my mental skills. It's really been a life saver. I've gone between 100mg to 400mg in the am depending on how low I am. Never had any negative side effects.

But if I'm hypomanic and rising, it is the first med I stop. Right now, I'm off of it.

Oreo

Another Provigil fan here, put on it for EDS in 7/2005, it really did stop my driving sleep attacks (so I don't have to sing along to CDs as much in the car). ("Sing" is, as I have said elsewhere, defined loosely.)

I ended up switching to Focalin and then Concerta for more "bona fide" AD/HD treatment. They also happened to help with my narcolepsy/EDS/sleep attacks, prrooooobably due to being stims.

Archived