CrazyBoards.org

I had a really bad reaction to Zoloft last night

Yesterday my doctor gave me Zoloft to try. I took 50 mg last night.

I was feeling a lot better with my depression/anxiety issues before I took it. Maybe just b/c I had went and seen the doctor. Felt like I was doing something proactive I guess.

I took my first 1/2 pill. Within about 2 hours I started feeling really really sick. The nausea was so bad, I was so dizzy I couldn't stand, I started having really bad anxiety to the point of feeling panicky, my legs were heavy and tingly, and I got the chills really bad...I had to put 2 blankets over me and I was still freezing. It was almost a feeling of derealization. I was crying.

Finally it passed and I fell asleep for a couple of hours. I woke up sick again, could barely stand I was so dizzy and nauseated.

My husband called the pharmacist first b/c I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. Pharmacist reassured him thus me, that I probably wasn't going to die but with the horrible anxiety, it could be a rare side effect.

I woke up this morning and I am really shaky, still sort of dizzy and nauseated. I still feel slightly panicky and anxious but not as bad as I was last night.

I don't know if I can try anymore pills after this. I am scared shitless.

That does sound nerve-wracking.

Call your doctor and ask if you can take 25 mg, with a full meal, and maybe some ginger tea for the nausea (and to stay warm.)

I had nausea with most of the SSRIs, but it was significantly reduced or gone if the med was taken with a meal. That seems to hold true for a lot of people.

Archived