CrazyBoards.org

Hello

I just found this site after trying to find information on Trileptal and after poking around a bit and finding threads on problems I have (like passing out due to anxiety) that I thought I was alone in, I had to join. Particularly since doctors I spoke to reinforced this crazy thought!

I was diagnosed at 16 with generalized anxiety (I'm currently 23), though it's fluctuated with various doctors, that seems to be the one they fall back on. I was put on Clonazepam, the only drug that didn't make me really sick, and then in 2007 a new psychiatrist added Trileptal with the hope of weaning me off the Clonazepam...only things got worse so he decided not to. And so I'm stuck on two drugs. Joy.

So I've been battling some question mark of an anxiety disorder for about six-seven years now. I'm fighting to stay in university, not because I have problems with grades, just that school is where the anxiety first popped up. Starting in 2007 I developed agoraphobia and I'm still suffering from that, though fighting as hard as I can with a therapist. I start another semester of university in the fall which has labs (thus I have to leave the apartment) so I'm psyching myself out there.

Anyway, great to know there are many others who know what this is like, because it feels so isolating, and I rarely hear from anyone in person that there are others like myself.

Cheers!

yes, many of yes the the doctor-go-round as well as the med-go-round. it isn't easy.

nor is being in school with massive anxiety. I had that problem too, to a point that it played a large factor in the lowering of my grades. I had a few other issues, but that played as large role. It is hard and I feel for you. I just graduated, so i just got out, but it was a struggle. hopefully you can find a balance.

Anyway, welcome to CrazyBoard! Make yourself at home. If you have any questions, you can always PM one of the administrators or moderators and we'll try to help you.

Welcome to the neighborhood...

Ophelia - Yikes. ;) Yes I find the anxiety issues play a roll in the grades as well, particularly in courses where the entire grade is based on one or two exams...not good when your brain is fighting off a panic attack most of the time. I'm sorry it's affected you as well in that way.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Archived