CrazyBoards.org

2 mg of klonopin with tizanadine and 2 advil pm is no longer putting me to sleep at night anymore. blek. so we're playing with serequel and klonopin-- anyone else do this? so far its kinda working but I dont think 200 mg is enough-- he wants me eventually to end up on only 1 mg of klonopin at night-- but I think it'll take 400 mg serequel for that to happen-- does anyone else do this-- does it make sense,sound like alot? Will I end up delivering Heath Ledger his Oscar in person? I'm happy to try it and really need to sleep but am concerned when mixing anything with benzos.

thanks

susan

from what i've gathered from this board, and in my own experience, lower doses of seroquel are more effective for sleep. i take 25 mg at night, but that's mainly because i'm taking a lower dose of an ssri. for many years i took 50 mg of seroquel, and it always helped me sleep (but gives me pretty deep dreaming sessions too) i've never taken more than 50 mg for any consistent amount of time. maybe it will help your sleep quality, but for some reason i remember saying it is more potent as a sleep inducer at lower doses (i.e. 50 mg)

Seroquel under 1000mg worked fine with me adding a temazepam or a valium.

But as I am now on a higher dose (1500mg), I can only take valium as the temaze heavy benzo causes a sleep apnoea reaction. When the sero and the benzo combine, i find it hard to breath as I am falling asleep. So that's bad.

BUT, Basically in my experience, a benzo and seroquel work fine, as long as you are on a lower dose, say, anything below 800mg.

I hope this helps.

Pamito ;)

Seroquel tends to have a paradoxical effect wrt dosage. At low dosages it is sedating, as the dosage it becomes less sedating. YMMV. On the flip side, Seroquel is great for anxiety, when taken at higher dosages. Sooooo, a person may be better off taking a higher dosage, lowering theiri anxiety, any attendant depression, etc, and end up getting better sleep. Just follow your pdocs directions.

**Please for your livers sake stop taking Tylenol PM for sleep only. A building body of evidence is showing that routine use of acetominophen/Tylenol can cause cumulative liver damage. Tylenol itself has no sedating effects. The active ingredient is the same as in Benadryl. You can buy generics for pennies.

a.m.

Thank you everyone!

I am going to take 400 mg of Seroquel tonight with 1mg of Klonipin. I had been on ativan with 2mg of tizanadine) and the advil PM (which I am stopping thank you AM) for about 7 years now and all of a sudden I had to up it to two and within a year that had stopped cold. So now we're working with Seroquel to see if that will help ween me away from the benzos to sleep. I agree that the dependence/tolerance IS NOT good at 31 or any age for that matter.. so I'm trying to work with the doctor's advice. I think the Seroquel has promise, at a higher dose-- 400 might do it with 1mg of klonipin-- maybe 600 will do it and not need any benzos? That would be a relief-- I take topamax which helps with mania-- we could always up that-- and I havee the lamictal. I'll have to ask him when I have my next appt on the 4th-- he approved the 400 over the phone.

Thank you for telling me it won't kill me-- I freak out easily.

;)

Susan

Archived