CrazyBoards.org

How much anxiety after returning from "vacation"?

Guest Guest_Gizmo_*

Guest Guest_Gizmo_*

I took a week off (see my last post about freaking about with the akathesia and being put on risperidal) and will return to work tomorrow.  Problem is I'm experiencing some pretty extreme anxiety over the whole "I don't want to go back" thing.  My boss doesn't understand my condition, and doesn't really care for me all that much.  It's a tight-knit office, so I pretty much stick out like a sore thumb, suddenly being gone here and there.    There is another person in the office who, amoung other things besides not being able to do no wrong, never takes a day off and will probably be very condescending when I return.  That's what my mind tells me, anyway.  The truth is that no matter how much my boss dislikes me or my condition, it's covered solidly under FMLA and ADA, so I will only receive silence and the cold shoulder.  Which, for you paranoid BP'ers out there know how much that works on your triggers.

Am I normal?  Does everyone experience return-to-work jitters?  Am I not alone?  Or am I alone and not ready mentally to go back?  I know financially I have to go back, lol!  I could use some feedback here, because I don't know whether to call my psych dr. or pack my PRN Xanax in my purse and chug one every four hours today and tomorrow!

Ugh!  When does this end!

It's probably not going to be as bad as you think. That's what's causing your anxiety.

Since I was dx'd there are very few days that I actually want to go to work because I'm usually in a mild state of depression. Hypo days are fun but they are few and far between.

Don't sweat it. It'll be o.k.

(10 more years and I can retire)

Recently I took 2 weeks off work for MI related issues and I was extremely nervous going back. I found it helped keeping some clonazepam on me but I didn't use it all that much - it helped knowing it was there. I agree with sun_zoom_spark - it probably won't be as bad as you think. I'm wishing you all the best! Take care of yourself.

I found it helped keeping some clonazepam on me but I didn't use it all that much - it helped knowing it was there. I agree with sun_zoom_spark - it probably won't be as bad as you think. I'm wishing you all the best! Take care of yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is exactly what  have done in the past!  I am sure that you will be fine, though, as everyone has posted.  I, too, am wishing you the best and *try* to stay calm.  Let us know how you're doing...

Archived