CrazyBoards.org

Still making it with Cymbalta

Getting better with the Cymbalta.  Still taking 60 mg in the am but trying to figure out what time is best to take it.  Still lurking around this website, figure I'm a lifer to it all.  Still got insomnia issues too feel it I can just get beyond that, I can probably get to that "comfortable" spot in my life so that life can just get moving.  Thanks to anyone who can respond and let me know how your meds are doing and if you've had any insomnia problems and when they went away.

I went on Effexor back in Feb, figure it's close enough

to Cym. to reply.

Nope, been awake here, too.

No matter what time I take it.

Can you maybe stagger the doses?

I mostly use OTC sleeping pills a few times during the week, and

really try to catch up on the weekends.

Is Cym the only thing your on?

I'm on Cymbalta 60mg, and I have to take something for sleep.  Currently it's Ambien, although I can't really afford it.  I need to find something cheaper.  The pharmacist recommended Restoril, but I haven't contacted my pdoc yet.

I'm on Cymbalta 60mg, too and I take it in the morning.  I'm gettin sleepy at 3-4 PM and again at bedtime.  I feel like Cymbalta makes me sleepier than my 'normal' self (whatever that is!), but it's working as an AD so I don't want to mess with it.

Have you tried non-med things for your sleep problem?  I had bad insomnia all my life until I learned yoga and meditation techniques.  Once I could turn off my brain, I could fall asleep.  But they would probably have good suggestions for you down at the folder about sleep problems.

Cymbalta is time-released, so I don't think splitting the dose will accomplish anything.  Maybe you could try taking your dose at dinnertime to see if it makes you sleepy by bedtime?

olga

Archived