Small town girl

Lizzyboo

I Live in a small town in RI its ridiculously small and everyone there is either a druggy or a snob. We have the parents who are overprotective and push their children to get 4.0's and then we have the rich people who spend their time talking about how much money they have or their current trip to figi. And finally we have those who are the druggies and because we live in a wealthy town, there is plenty of drugs to go around.

Our school system in number one in the state which therefore makes everything so much harder and competitive and has taken a huge toll on my depression. I unlike most people feel like the only sane one here, unfit to live here, like an outside. sure i have friends but its a different feeling. i take a lot of things for granted and its hard to get a sense of diversity and culture in a stupid town like this.

Honestly, I'm surprised that there are "out of the closet" druggies in your town (or rather in a town like yours; I have no idea where you live, except that RI isn't too big). In the town I went to high school, everything looked perfect at first and second glance. There was some "troubled youth," but such people were very limited. The town was just too expensive for their families...

Of course it's possible that I missed most of the druggies. I certainly wasn't close to any of the kids. I know that there was a whole bunch of drinking going on, though.

This was during the late '90s.

Anyway, I think I understand your frustration...

i live in a small town too and i think that drugs and "snobs" are pretty common throughout most types of towns. there's always going to be a group pushing to hard for perfection, a group that doesn't care, and everyone else in between.

we had a huge drug problem and probably still do, i wouldn't know because i've been out of high school for 10 years but when i was there drugs were everywhere. you couldn't hide from them. even steriods were popular.

i think small towns breed this type of behavior in youths though. in small towns there is not much to do so kids turn to drugs and alcohol to have fun. that's my experience at least.

Honestly, I'm surprised that there are "out of the closet" druggies in your town (or rather in a town like yours; I have no idea where you live, except that RI isn't too big). In the town I went to high school, everything looked perfect at first and second glance. There was some "troubled youth," but such people were very limited. The town was just too expensive for their families...

Of course it's possible that I missed most of the druggies. I certainly wasn't close to any of the kids. I know that there was a whole bunch of drinking going on, though.

This was during the late '90s.

Anyway, I think I understand your frustration...

Yea i live in Barrington, i dont know if you have heard of it. But yea it looks like the perfect school but it isnt, i mean yea the drugs are pretty big there just a little more hidden, the drinking, however is crazy, we had a kid die in my class from a drinking related car accident, it was awful. I think they are trying to make barrington more affordable now however i bet the wealthy people in town arent too happy about that. i just cant wait to get out

Archived