CrazyBoards.org

I literally just started depakote and I have a terrible sinus/front tension headache that magically appeared a couple of hours after taking it.  I was trying to read the PI sheet but it kept crashing my viewer.  It wasn't listed on the sister site as a side effect and I didn't see it as a topic here.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does it go away?

Thank you!!

I literally just started depakote and I have a terrible sinus/front tension headache that magically appeared a couple of hours after taking it.  I was trying to read the PI sheet but it kept crashing my viewer.  It wasn't listed on the sister site as a side effect and I didn't see it as a topic here.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does it go away?

Thank you!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's on page 21 of the PI sheet for the ER formulation under "CNS Effects," on page 18 for the delayed-release formulation under "CNS Effects," and on page 13 for the sprinkles version under "CNS Effects." It's always in the "Other Patient Populations" section, past the things that happened to between 1 and 5% of people. "Other Patient Populations" is not just post-marketing data; it's post-marketing data lumped in with other epilepsy trial data not listed in the data tables above for some reason and with "other sources" and it's side effects common to all formulations. As you may have guessed, I didn't see the part about "all formulations" until now, or I wouldn't have gone through all the PI sheets hoping one of them was for the version you were taking.

As you may have guessed, I didn't see the part about "all formulations" until now, or I wouldn't have gone through all the PI sheets hoping one of them was for the version you were taking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed Ken.  Abbott has been really sleazy about that.  Regardless of the valproate in question, all side effect profiles are now for Depakote ER - the one with the best side effect profile around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shit, I thought they were talking about Depakote delivery methods!

Thank you both for your help.  I took my dose today with about 48 ounces of water and only had a mild headache.  I hope this continues to help as its the kind of easy and cheap solution I love! 

BTW I usually stay well hydrated because of the other meds I'm on, but I guess depakote's going to put me in the 100 oz club.  ;)

Archived