CrazyBoards.org

Switched from Lex to Celexa

I'm very very new to this so I won't offer any medical opinion, but I just wanted to say I know that "kill me now" feeling. For me, as you say, it's not a suicidal feeling or even wanting to be dead - it's just somehow a few seconds relief to utter the words to myself (and those are the exact words).

87 if everything in your life is stable with no new stress and you were doing so well for so long, I would say it is probably the med change. Just enough different chemistry to mess you up! However if lex worked so well it could be celexa will too after this initial start up crap. If money is a big issue stick it out, if not and it gets worse Id go back to lex, a known "good thing".

So sorry it isn't a super smooth transition for you.

CC~

I've read that 10 mgs Lexapro is equivalent to 20 mgs Celexa, but also that 10 mgs Lexapro is equivalent to 40 mgs Celexa. You might want to discuss this with your doc.

It could also be a problem with the generic formulation being just enough different from brand name Celexa.

I hope it all evens out for you soon.

Greeny

Thanks for posting this topic Advil, I may well be in the same boat in a few months due to our lovely corporate insurance systems.  My current insurance doesn't cover anything but Zoloft and Prozac and as far as I can tell, the only other insurance policy subsidized by my employer lists only Celexa but not Lex (WTF???).  I need to do some homework NOW.  I'm getting by on samples from Pdoc for now but the free candy only lasts for so long!

Good luck with the med change Advil, keep us posted!

Yes thank you indeed Advil for posting this, I will be in the same boat as well soon, basically everything CirclesofConfusion said.  I go on Lexapro for one stinking month, then I get a letter from my insurance company saying they want me to switch to Celexa.  I guess for me it's not such a bad thing, since the Lexapro isn't doing too much for me anyway, but just the thought of switching to a new, although similar drug, frightens me a bit.

Well Beck, Circles - nobody panic!  lol  I always seem to get the worst of the side effects from meds.  I'm 'med sensitive' or something.  I'm not sure, but I don't think *most* people have such problems with the switch.  You'll probably have a nice, easy transition. 

Was just wondering if anyone else had made the switch before and what they experienced. 

Archived