CrazyBoards.org

rispradril? how ever you spell it.. good bad?

It made my psychosis go away, but I still was manic as hell.  Then my vision went blurry and I started puking alot. It sucked.  But thats just me.  Zyprexa finally calmed me down.  Its good if you like to eat.

I think mood stabalizers should be first w/BP and then add on AD/AP's if necessary.  Unless acute of course.

Fidget, for what it is worth I took risperdal for less than a week and had to quit. I did not seem to be helping and I had eye problems, swollen breasts, and my feet and ankles swelled so bad  I could hardly walk.  I was taking .5 in the a.m., .5 in the p.m. and 1 mg at bedtime.  The worst effect seemed to be insomnia, could not sleep worth shit.  I stopped taking it yesterday. Hope it works better for you.  Sulu

It was great for rage and emergency "I have to have something NOW pill". I keep it on hand. There may be a weight issue. I am on so damn many that I don't know which ones are doing it.

I take Risperdal 2mg every night and have taken it since March. It's caused elevated prolactin for me but aside from that there have been very few side effects. I think it helps me sleep. I also take lithium though and wonder how risperdal will work for BP monotherapy.

i wonder too... i have rage issues as well as motivation/concentration issues... Pdoc says we are running out of options b/c I dont want to gain weight and pushed me into trying it. I go back in two weeks if it doesnt make me flippin insane

My brother is taking 1mg Risperdal QHS for unnamed mental problems (primarily - heh - insomnia).  He doesn't seem to have suffered any side effects yet, apart from a couple of days of feeling weird.  It calms his agitated-hamster-in-wheel thought cycle.  He's 16 and has been taking Risperdal since February. 

I have never used Risperdal as monotherapy.  About 6 years ago I took it with Depakote, Buspar, and Celexa.  I took .5 mgs twice a day.  I stopped taking it because I was feeling spaced out and had trouble focusing on my school work.  Last year my pdoc tried to add it on to my already stable Seroquel 600 mgs when I went into a manic episode.  I thought it was absolutely useless at 3mgs a day.  It did raise my prolactin levels and caused me to lactate.  You said that you have run out of options so I was wondering what else you tried.

Katie ;)

I take 1mg/night for anxiety, paranoia, and occasional hallucinations.  It works really well.  I could stand to be on a higher dose, but I prefer my lower dose and lower risk of side effects.  Sometimes I take up to 1mg extra, if I'm particularly anxious or paranoid.

Archived