CrazyBoards.org

I'm very curious about this as well as I have avoided lithium thus far because I'm on Daypro (oxaprozin) 24/7 for knee issues.  Lithium was very effacacious for my dad when he took it 30 years ago and he and I have similar metabolisms, so it would probably be my next choice if I fail on depakote.

Which NSAID are you starting?  From what I've read, different NSAIDs have different effects.  But my thus far limited searching has yet to turn up the really hard evidence.  Just this:  (the font stinks...)

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:btTvR...lient=firefox-a

Hi,

This interests me a great deal as its likely i'm gonna start taking lithium, so i want to research it first. Jerod, i looked on the pages you suggested. I usually take ibuprofen during my period (oh, dont you just love hearing about that). The studies stated there is "marked interindiviual variations" when it comes to ibuprofen. so....i guess i'll need to discuss this w/ my pdoc. but i would still like to hear from anyone else  - hows it going?

love,

december

I think predicting the interaction is extremely difficult.  The only way to find out is to try it.  I understand that as a musician it sucks to have arthritis in your hands.  I hope that you are consulting with your doctor to determine the lowest effective dose.  You might consider getting Lithium levels more frequently.

Katie ;)

Hey Katie-

My doctor is treating conservatively w/ physical therapy for now to see if I can show improvement w/o meds. The first thing I told him was I was taking lithium carbonate. I feel relieved for now. I wasn't looking forward to frequent serum tests and unknown interaction.

Pheww!

I've been taking Celebrex for some time.  I WAS a guitarist, prior to the vicious onset of chronic tendonitis.  I haven't been able to go back to playing, much less teaching and performing.  Whatever.  "You're young!  Life goes on!"  (And now my social worker's trying to tell me my finger/wrist/arm pain is STRESS??  Fuck that....)

I only started lithium a few months ago.  I had a few more levels done than most patients in order to monitor the Celebrex/lithium interaction.  With 200mg Celebrex BID, only 900mg Li QHS has been required to maintain a rock-steady 0.9 serum level. 

Archived