CrazyBoards.org

What age did you start cutting?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm with Gearhead, @TCHR. No need to take out your frustration on huge swathes of people you don't know. Please stop romanticizing SI before Gear has to have the talk. You don't want the talk. The tal

It is better to tell them than for them to find out some other way, in my case I didn't have a choice because somebody saw my cuts and reported me, then the school nurse was on my case and called home

*possibly triggering*

I remember doing it when I was 14 (in fact I still have that scar on my wrist).  Nothing for years, although I often punched walls and fantasised about putting my fist through a window.  My really serious affair with cutting and burning started late - when I was 30.  In the space of three years I've accumulated an absolute mess of scars on my arm, wrists and breasts.

i burnt myself for the first time when i was 13 i really liked it. but it was not until i was 22 that i started cutting and burning regularly. i go through periods where i cut and then i stop then i start again. depends on my bipolar mood i think. im 24 nearly 25 now.

• 5 months later...

I started scratching my arms with my fingernails for self-injury purposes when I was maybe seven, but I didn't start actually cutting until I was seventeen.

I now think of myself as a non-cutting cutter. Although I sometimes want to cut, I almost never do. I am now 26, and I've cut three times in the past five years. Unfortunately, the most recent time, which was four months ago, left a pretty nasty scar. It won't be so bad when the colour fades, but it hasn't yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I started at age 20. I'm still twenty; I just started last September. I had been fantasizing about it for months, but I started actually doing it (with razors) within a couple of weeks of when I started taking Zoloft. I was put on Zyprexa with the Zoloft after that, and things just went by in a haze until I took myself off the meds. I'm in therapy, but I can't afford to try any new medications.Today is my 30th day without cutting; my record is 57. I've also burned occassionally, but that didn't work for me the way cutting does. My left arm is covered with scars from the wrist to the shoulder. My girlfriend (Superchar42) was just hospitalized for self-injury (she's a much more advanced case than I), and the fact that my cutting would make things much harder for her has been the strongest motivation I've had not to cut. I'm doing okay for now.

Edited by dormant_shadow
  • 10 years later...

I started harming myself at age 9. i would do simple stuff like hit my leg and leave a bruise. in third grade (age nine and ten) i broke my arm. My first time cutting i was 10, and i did it with a pair of scissors in school. I am currently 12 and cut almost daily. I was expelled for it and now have a huge scar on my upper arm. My favorite place to cut is on my thighs tho, cause people don't notice it. only a couple people know that i still cut, not including my parents. i hope i didn't trigger anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't start until my first miscarriage  (age 29). It felt so good to feel the physical pain instead of the mental pain. I continued to cut my inner thighs and shoulders until I got pregnant again (age 31). After 5 months of pregnancy, I miscarried again. Again, God damn it! WTF! As a teacher in a poverty-stricken area and seeing women having 6, 7, and 10 kids, I was infuriated. I started cutting my wrists. I've been in out-patient, in-patient, and the ER for my cutting. It's difficult for me to see the lesson in all this. I'm educated. I have a freaking Master's degree. Why the fuck can't I have a baby? The fuckin' dregs of society pop them out like pez and then treat them like a paycheck. I cut. I cut. I cut. I cut. I cut.....

TCHR, I'm sorry you're having trouble carrying to term, but that doesn't give you the right to attack people of any socio-economic bracket, and it sure as hell doesn't give you the right to refer to ANYONE as "the dregs of society." A lot of the members here live well below the poverty line, and there is no shame in it. 

So you can apologize on your own, or you and I can have a Talk about it. Calling people crappy names is one of the things we don't permit. We're a support board.