CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine

"Your dating headline"

You know what I'm talking about.... that one-line intro that's supposed to catch the eye of the best guy/gal out there. I've been starting at a blank screen for days (so it seems). Creative, I am - creative writer, I'm not. Help!!

Any of you talented creative writers out there have any ideas? I'm open to anything except blatant suggestiveness. It looks like I've got about 22 characters (that appear on the initial page).

I'll take any other advice you might have on this matter as well.

~Sunshine

You know what I'm talking about.... that one-line intro that's supposed to catch the eye of the best guy/gal out there. I've been starting at a blank screen for days (so it seems). Creative, I am - creative writer, I'm not. Help!!

Any of you talented creative writers out there have any ideas? I'm open to anything except blatant suggestiveness. It looks like I've got about 22 characters (that appear on the initial page).

I'll take any other advice you might have on this matter as well.

~Sunshine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could always try mine.  GWF seeks same.

If you don't mind whack jobs like us MI, there is a dating website for the MI. Just thought I'd throw it on the table for you so you will have more options. (I met my husband in a bipolar chat room 8 yrs ago)

I love music so I used lyrics from some of my favourite songs to see if anyone would catch on.  ("Too many stars and not enough sky" was a popular one.)

The best one I ever used was ripped from the title of a book:  Bitter with Baggage Seeks Same.  Honest, and worked like a charm.

You could always try mine.  GWF seeks same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh. As you know, jumping the fence has crossed my mind a time or two! ;)

"Bitter with Baggage Seeks Same" is pretty funny. Somewhat true, too. You don't get to 35 without accumulating a little big of both. I recently read a book titled "Inappropriate Men" (which is absolutely hysterical, by the way)... that's a good summary of my dating history!

I'll have to think about the song lyrics. As for the dating site for the MI, yikes. Though I guess an MI partner would be more understanding and supportive in some ways.

I agree with the quoting songs thing.  I like the Beastie Boys so I've done "ONe Lonely Beastie I Be"

I've done "Bored of the Norm"  too.  What site?  I've been on them all (not that MI one - that may be next...)  There are sites that are better for sex, for dates, for marriage...  Crazy. 

No suggentiveness.. hmm.. so I guess "LOOSE WOMAN HERE!" doesn't work for you huh? 
tongue.gif

Edited by GroovyGwen

SunshineOutside

Can you come out and play?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good one! I actually went with "Plays well with others." I might've stolen it from someone else's profile - I looked at a gazillion of them (men and women) for ideas before creating mine.

"Plays well with others" seems to be quite appropriate.

No one should believe Sunshine's modesty about her profile. It's marvelous. If I had my own airplane and was not newly attached I'd be answering it. Despite the fact that I really ought to date fellow eccentrics only.

The success I've had in a single weekend of internet dating is enough to make me embarrassed. Hours of research and editing apparently paid off.

If you're going to give it a try, I highly recommend a couple of things:

1) Do an internet search on "internet dating profile tips." There are some good articles out there about what and what not to do.

2) Read a TON of profiles - both male and female. You'll get an idea of the competition (and also some good ideas about what and what not to say in your profile). It also helps to get an idea of the personalities and what the other sex is looking for. Men and women really do communicate differently. If you want to get their attention, you've got to speak their language!

Anyway... I finally figured out where all the single guys are! And I already had a date. Ldo knows all about it because I was so geeked about it, I had to tell someone. The guy lives a good hour away, but owns a small plane. There's a small municipal airport a few miles from me, so he flew there... we had dinner... and then I let him take me for a spin. I'm not sure what he's going to do for an encore, but I'll let you know - I'm seeing him again tomorrow!

~Sunshine

Oh, I say go for what you want! Probably a good thing to get a general idea of what a good presentation is, but I wouldn't do too much market research unless I wanted a dozen girlfriends at once. I'd rather have just one who was just right. And I may have gotten that. Unfortunately she lives a long way off, but sometimes that's what happens. I put a lot of effort into my profile, but I was trying to pack in as much relevant info as I could in the limited number of words they gave me, to be funny, and to present myself accurately, including the quirks. Some of it is not so easy to unpack, but I've been meeting some interesting women.

I predict that Sunshine's date today will show up in a submarine.

The success I've had in a single weekend of internet dating is enough to make me embarrassed. Hours of research and editing apparently paid off.

If you're going to give it a try, I highly recommend a couple of things:

1) Do an internet search on "internet dating profile tips." There are some good articles out there about what and what not to do.

2) Read a TON of profiles - both male and female. You'll get an idea of the competition (and also some good ideas about what and what not to say in your profile). It also helps to get an idea of the personalities and what the other sex is looking for. Men and women really do communicate differently. If you want to get their attention, you've got to speak their language!

Anyway... I finally figured out where all the single guys are! And I already had a date. Ldo knows all about it because I was so geeked about it, I had to tell someone. The guy lives a good hour away, but owns a small plane. There's a small municipal airport a few miles from me, so he flew there... we had dinner... and then I let him take me for a spin. I'm not sure what he's going to do for an encore, but I'll let you know - I'm seeing him again tomorrow!

~Sunshine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to try out a site for dating that has some humor, tests, and is very interesting to say the least and doesn't charge you whatsoever...

www.okcupid.com

You can check out my profile if you want to get an idea of how to write out a profile.  I've had a few people "woo" me and message me...and made a few friends.  One guy, *sighs* I thought we'd end up having a great "something" turns out, I'm the one who decided to pull the plug.  We're still friends, so at least that's something.

My profile name is: absinthe_faery

I have fun just taking tests.  When I'm bored, I just go there and piss around and see if what's going on.  I'm afraid to look up anyone because that's just me.  Let them look me up, you know what I mean?

Elizabeth

I use match.com and use the feature where you can check out those who have been checking you out.

Edited by yo123

I found that "Who's viewed me" feature, but I'm not sure what to do with the info. I assume that if someone viewed my profile but didn't make contact that they aren't interested. Even though that doesn't hold true for me. By and large I believe in letting the guy make the first move (not because I'm afraid to or worried about being rejected, but because I think most guys prefer it that way - whether they realize and/or admit it or not). But now I'm wondering if they are thinking the same thing.

I just need to get over the not making the first move thing, don't I?

Sunshine,

Pish Posh!  Just because someone checked out your profile and didn't message you, doesn't mean squat dittle lee dee.  And as for making the first move, I never do, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  Maybe we're old fashioned and well mannered.  Didn't you say you were 35?  Well, I'm 33 and I still go by the old school ways of the guys should always ask the girls out and not the other way around.  That's just me though.

Elizabeth

I met my wife two years ago on match.com.  We have been married for a year on the 14th.

Tommy

Yes... 35. And not so much old-fashioned as well-educated in how men think. I'd have no problem initiating contact or asking a guy out, but statistically, those dates rarely turn into relationships. Guys like to chase. And before some of you guys jump all over me, I know that not all guys prefer this... I'm just going with statistics!

I, um, posted a fake profile on Yahoo a while ago.  The headline was "Puppy Seeks a Cougar."  If you're not up on the slang, check out urbancougar.com.

It's still online and I actually get responses.  I don't reply to them...I tend to attract the crazies...voluntarily or otherwise.  <3 relationships!!!!!!!!