CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
psychocandy

Why are women so moody?

I'll probably get flamed for this !!! LOL.

After 12 years of marriage I'll never understand women. Wife came home last night from work in a really bad mood - not much better this morning either.

And I've no idea why !!!!! (and, no, its not that time!).

Trouble is I let it get to me too much. It bothers me all day now because she was in such a bad mood.

Did you ask her what was wrong?

Did you do anything nice when she came home? Make her a drink or a cup of tea? Offer to cook dinner or get takeout? Offer a foot massage?

If you don't communicate with her, how can you know what is wrong?

And I have news for you---my sweet Baboo is MUCH more of a moody person than I am. Downright cranky at times. It has nothing to do with whether you are a man or woman. I tend to be happy and cheerful---he tends to be dour and pessimistic.

Maybe she's having a problem at work with a supervisor. Maybe her job is threatened in this bad economy. Maybe she feels like she's in a dead-end job. You won't know until you ask.

olga

Did you ask her what was wrong?

Did you do anything nice when she came home? Make her a drink or a cup of tea? Offer to cook dinner or get takeout? Offer a foot massage?

If you don't communicate with her, how can you know what is wrong?

And I have news for you---my sweet Baboo is MUCH more of a moody person than I am. Downright cranky at times. It has nothing to do with whether you are a man or woman. I tend to be happy and cheerful---he tends to be dour and pessimistic.

Maybe she's having a problem at work with a supervisor. Maybe her job is threatened in this bad economy. Maybe she feels like she's in a dead-end job. You won't know until you ask.

olga

Yeh. I did ask but got shouted at for hassling her !!! :-(

*Generalization alert!* ;)

Olga's right, if you don't communicate with her, then of course it'll always be a mystery... as for being shouted at, give her some space THEN ask. I've never really noticed my female friends being more or less moody than my male friends it depends who you are...

IMO, women have a different way of thinking about the world than our male counterparts. Like olga said, we want understanding and open dialogue. We also want you to understand when we just don't want to talk. And we deal in emotions a lot. This is not to say that women aren't strong, intelligent, wonderful ;) and just as capable as men.

We also have estrogen, which drives many of us crazy. You might think about keeping track of your wife's cycle.

I think it would help to be genuinely interested in your wife's emotional life and act as a sounding board when she's upset. I know that when I'm upset, I want hubby to hug me, tell me to sit and relax and ask me what would help.

Peace,

Phoenix

Trouble is I let it get to me too much. It bothers me all day now because she was in such a bad mood.

[cough cough]

Do you see it when you re-read it, psychocandy?

Humans are moody.

After 12 years of marriage I'll never understand women. Wife came home last night from work in a really bad mood - not much better this morning either.

What's sad is she's probably stewing wondering why are all men such assholes. Or why are men so clueless?

Judging from your posts since you joined, you and your wife seem in trouble in the marriage (I sound like Anne Fucking Landers). Seriously though, you might want to ask her if she would consider marriage counseling. You talk like you really love her, it would be a shame if she feels the same, and ya'll just for whatever reason can't get on the same page.

[cough cough]

Do you see it when you re-read it, psychocandy?

Humans are moody.

Hmmm. Yeh. It does bother me but I dont end up shouting at other people or being snappy...

What's sad is she's probably stewing wondering why are all men such assholes. Or why are men so clueless?

Judging from your posts since you joined, you and your wife seem in trouble in the marriage (I sound like Anne Fucking Landers). Seriously though, you might want to ask her if she would consider marriage counseling. You talk like you really love her, it would be a shame if she feels the same, and ya'll just for whatever reason can't get on the same page.

Whos Anne Landers? Really. (I'm from the UK BTW so that might explain things).

I hear what you're saying about marriage counselling but I do think 'a lot' of the problems are blown out of proportion by me. As you can see from my posts, I do have issues which are certainly not my wifes fault most of the time.

I am trying to sort my own head out first with meds, and just started CBT to try and get a bit of perspective on things.

It's a mystery of the universe, like its corrolary:

Why do men like hookers so much?

Because most of them aren't men.

Why are women so moody?

Men.

Even the lesbians.

Actually, for the lesbians I know, men in general don't even blip on the radar.

Actually, for the lesbians I know, men in general don't even blip on the radar.

I didn't say they wanted to have sex with men. ;)

Half of their DNA still came from the funny-looking half of the population that doesn't come equipped with functional ovaries.

I wasn't talking about sex, either, dude.

Lesbians just don't notice men, unless it's someone they have to notice like a boss or a coworker. Otherwise, fuggeddaboutit.

I wasn't talking about sex, either, dude.

Lesbians just don't notice men, unless it's someone they have to notice like a boss or a coworker. Otherwise, fuggeddaboutit.

Fathers, brothers, sons, uncles, nephews, some bosses, many coworkers, half the bad drivers - plenty of sources of frustration to go around, and all of them complaining about moody, incomprehensible women!

Why are women so moody?

Men.

Even the lesbians.

;)

(i just don't have words)

Some men get really annoyed about the fact that lesbians are just not focused on men. I find it odd.

In this scenario, the men are being moody and the women are being indifferent. ;)

Some men get really annoyed about the fact that lesbians are just not focused on men. I find it odd.

Naw. Lesbians focused on men is just icky.

And you know what the cure for that is?

Women.