CrazyBoards.org

hypomania coming

Tell your family or close freinds what is going on so they can keep an eye on you. If things start getting out of control then go to the ER/A&E. They can give you some meds to slow you down. I like to go walking to burn off energy and wear myself down when I start into an episode.

Hope you feel better soon.

a.m.

Can you call your psychiatrist's service or the clinic service?

Did your psychiatrist ever give you instructions on taking as-needed additional Zyprexa for crises, or is that not part of your treatment plan?

Walking is great, as AM said.

Spending time with a calm responsible (boring? boring is good) friend helps.

No booze. No dope. Etc.

Remember to eat.

ack its 1am and freezing outside. i got mad at my dog and i scared her now i feel like total crap the dog wasnt doing anything. my mind is going a mile a minute. should i take an over the counter sleep aid? i already took an extra zyprexa yday as i felt it coming. doesnt seem to be working. ;) good gosh what am i to do.. im just laying in bed trying to slow everything down i dont want to do anything stupid.

i dont understand. i was evenly depressed for two weeks, then today i was really irritable, angry and frustrated. then tonight i should have been asleep before 10, took my med the same time, but now i cant sleep and can't shut out my thoughts. looking back this happened around 2 weeks ago as well. i know you guys can't diagnose, but does this happen on a pure MDD dx? i don't care about dx really just want tx to be correct. need to know what to tell pdoc too.

No. People with depression don't have manic/hypomanic episodes with racing thought, lack of sleep, ect.

Follow your doctors orders, but Zyprexa is a first choice med for treating mania/hypomania. Very likely he will up your dosage.

best, a.m.

ack its 1am and freezing outside. i got mad at my dog and i scared her now i feel like total crap the dog wasnt doing anything. my mind is going a mile a minute. should i take an over the counter sleep aid? i already took an extra zyprexa yday as i felt it coming. doesnt seem to be working. ;) good gosh what am i to do.. im just laying in bed trying to slow everything down i dont want to do anything stupid.

i don't understand. i was evenly depressed for two weeks, then today i was really irritable, angry and frustrated. then tonight i should have been asleep before 10, took my med the same time, but now i cant sleep and can't shut out my thoughts. looking back this happened around 2 weeks ago as well. i know you guys can't diagnose, but does this happen on a pure MDD dx? i don't care about dx really just want tx to be correct. need to know what to tell pdoc too.

If you don't want to go outside because it is too cold, why don't you try to do something to distract your mind. Do you have a favorite addicting computer game? Can you put on a movie and just lose yourself in that (and maybe it might even help you fall asleep)? Anything to distract yourself. It might seem stupid, but sometimes you need to give some of these things a chance. I think I'd recommend the movie because it might help to also just cool you down. Keep in mind that *nothing* is instant and you also cannot go into something with a defeatist attitude. Just give it a try. What harm can it do? Pick a movie you've seen before, and I recommend a comedy.

On the topic of us not being able to diagnose you, lol... ummm... I personally do not think that your original dx is off the table. With a diagnosis of a mental illness, one also must take into account the confounding variables of life. It isn't just this MI you are dealing with, but other stressors as well. Those can quite possible cause problems, you know? When that said, you keep mentioning bipolar disorder even though I believe you said that you therapist ruled it out. I mean, I really do not know you, but I can see that you are *very* anxious. Now, that might be something you would want to be bring up. Is anxiousness a symptom or a "cause" (such as generalized anxiety disorder). I mean, cyberchondria can be very damaging. Yes, it is very good that you want to be on top of everything, but there is a point to when it can hinder your possible progress in getting better.

Not to mention, one thing I just noticed from your signature is that it says you have been diagnosed with traits of Borderline Personality Disorder. That can also make diagnosiing difficult. *Some* behaviors might be able to be explained by that. You really never know.

From what you have shared, it seems that you are fairly new to the doctor and meds thing I am assuming. So, I will say that not always will an initial diagnosis be correct. Mine wasn't. But then sometimes you have to step back and think about it and say to yourself, "it is just a name, let's focus on how my treatment is going."

Ok. I'm sorry if this makes no sense. sleepy-meds (but no sleep... ooops)...

Just got home after pdoc appointment. Pdoc confirmed BPII mixed dx, and raised the Zyprexa dosage from 2.5 to a whopping 15 mg at night, which is exactly what I wanted. Celexa was reduced from 40mg to 20mg. He also signed my disability form, so hopefully I can get money to buy my nursing school books and supplies. I feel happy that I got the meds thing fixed the way I wanted.

Archived