CrazyBoards.org

Please recommend an SSRI

As you can see by my sig line, I'm on four meds on a regular basis. Unfortunately, the Wellbutrin has done absolutely nothing for me (on the other hand, I should be thankful I also got no SEs). Anyway, I"m going to come off the WB and start with some SSRI. The doc is pretty much letting me pick out the SSRI, since it seems to be a bit of crap shoot anyway. I have been on Lexapro in the past and it worked pretty well. I want to avoid any SSRI that will make me look like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon. Also want to avoid SSRIs that cause diarrhea (I have enough of that with my Crohns).

So after all that, do you have a recommendation for me on what to try next?

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice. I probably should stick with what worked in the past and had few SEs, huh. It's hard to argue with success.

On a related note, how fast can someone taper off or stop Wellbutrin? I've only been on it for 2.5 months.

It's the SSRI and multiple reuptake inhibitors that effect serotonin that need to be careful coming off of. With Wellbutrin you might want to take it ever other days for a few days to lesson the likelihood of any rebound depression but there shouldn't be much by way of discontinuation symptoms.

Archived