CrazyBoards.org

i may want to go to the hospital. im not that far down in the pit, but really, do i have to wait to get there? i have an appt on tuesday, and i seem to always get these bad thoughts and SI when my appointments are days away. i want to just be kept there so i can be safe, and maybe get some decent sleep. my county crisis center has turned me away too many times (no space), can a regular hospital keep you? what should i say?

Go in and tell them exactly what you've been describing in your posts. Or just print out all your recent posts.

The EPS/emergency psychiatric system in California should be able to hold you for up to 24h, or to help you figure out what to do with your meds until Tuesday. Your crisis line number people should know how you can access them.

When you see your psychiatrist next time, I have a suggestion. Why don't you guys make an emergency plan (in writing) for times like this? Maybe an as-needed medication, list of people to call, list of things to do, etc.?

Go in and tell them exactly what you've been describing in your posts. Or just print out all your recent posts.

The EPS/emergency psychiatric system in California should be able to hold you for up to 24h, or to help you figure out what to do with your meds until Tuesday. Your crisis line number people should know how you can access them.

When you see your psychiatrist next time, I have a suggestion. Why don't you guys make an emergency plan (in writing) for times like this? Maybe an as-needed medication, list of people to call, list of things to do, etc.?

great suggestion silver, will talk to him about that. im just riding it out right now.

Archived