CrazyBoards.org

Am I cycling?

If I am, I've NEVER cycled this rapidly before. It seems to have happened since I've become serious with my boyfriend and I'm wondering if he is possibly the cause? He's not the most stable person in the world and he causes me some stress.

One minute I am happy, the next I am angry and violent, the next depressed, the next crying, the next laughing, and the next happy again. My cycles have in the past lasted for weeks or months at a time. Why all of a sudden is this occurring? Is it the added stress or because I've been off my meds for about a year?

Hello there-

It definitely sounds like you are cycling. Rapid cycling may represent a deterioration of your condition.

Stress is never good for a person with bipolar disorder, having said that, I am married to a man that we shall

say can cause a lot of stress, but I have to be careful in reminding myself that I have the condition.

I do not know why you are off your meds. Lots of people will be in soon and will also wonder why.

It sounds like you need some help. I hope you get it as soon as possible.

Best Of Luck- gentledove

Have you tried a community mental health clinic? They usually have sliding scale fees for the uninsured. It might take some legwork, but I go to one and I have received decent care there. I think bipolar gets worse the longer it is untreated. It couldn't hurt to call around a BIT. Good luck!

Archived