CrazyBoards.org

everytime the dog barks, im thinking someone is coming to see me. i get filled with feelings of dread and anticipation. i know logically no one is coming to see me, but i just get that weird 'expectant' feeling. is this paranoia?

other sxs include:

hearing random pieces of music in my head

ruminating thoughts

hearing pieces of conversations in my head (these are from conversations i've had with others)

making up situations in my head, and having them get out of hand

im not hearing voices per se, i hear them in my mind.

are these psychotic symptoms?

from your posts it sounds like there's a lot going on with you right now-- it seems somewhat acute. can you get your pdoc on the phone soon?

yeah im totally booked solid with regards to my MI issues. im waiting it out until tuesday. i use my county's MH system and it sucks. unless you're in total total crisis they'll brush you off, and they've done it to me too many times over. I'm waiting until my Medi-Cal kicks in so I can get a new pdoc who i can call and stuff. im actually feeling a little stable. i swiped a valium from my mom. My pdoc won't prescribe benzos, my mom's on a different insurance, so she has it good.

I think that when people are having a psychotic break they don't realize what they are thinking isn't rational.

It does sound like your symptoms are acting up and giving you hell, and it makes me a little angry that nobody can help you sooner. Keep posting, stay safe and hang in there until your appointment.

Carmex,

In the last 24 hours you've posted about being manic and being depressed. The symptoms you've just described could be part of mania or a mixed episode.

At this point don't worry that you are becoming psychotic.

Have you taken your Zyprexa? That should help calm you down. Be sure to ask your pdoc whether raising the dosage is appropriate.

If you feel you are in danger, don't hesitate to go to the ER.

Let us know how you are doing. a.m. ;)

everytime the dog barks, im thinking someone is coming to see me. i get filled with feelings of dread and anticipation. i know logically no one is coming to see me, but i just get that weird 'expectant' feeling. is this paranoia?

other sxs include:

hearing random pieces of music in my head

ruminating thoughts

hearing pieces of conversations in my head (these are from conversations i've had with others)

making up situations in my head, and having them get out of hand

im not hearing voices per se, i hear them in my mind.

are these psychotic symptoms?

This sounds very similar to what I experienced during my mixed manic episode. It can get really out of hand and lead to all sorts of delusions (it did for me). I'm not saying this is what's going on with you; I don't know. I would get it checked out as soon as possible. Don't wait around, even if you feel somewhat stable.

Good luck.

I get feelings like this sometimes, and I'm neither psychotic nor bipolar (although sometimes I'm not so sure about the former). For me they're mainly anxiety symptoms (the obsessive thoughts, especially - making up elaborate stories/scenarios in my head, going over things over and over again, this paranoia about what I have or haven't done). The other night, I got the sound of velcro stuck in my head. I was literally hearing the sound of velcro, along with an image in my head of velcro, with this incredible vividness, for about fifteen solid minutes. I also had this really intrusive thought about killing myself - I was actually hearing my own voice telling me to do it, which was one of the creepiest experience of my life.

Just saying - I've been somewhat there. It's not necessarily psychotic (I totally thought I was going psycho, but pdoc says it's just the anxiety doing a number on my brain) but it sure is disturbing. When it happens to me, I like to watch TV - nothing else is as good as that for drowning out my head. Hope someone gives you some help soon.

It's concerning, but doesn't sound psychotic. Sounds like really bad anxiety to me. Ive been to both lands (psychosis and major anxiety) and I know its hard to tell when you're in the moment. But even if it was psychosis, your thought is in order (you're not delusional). Which makes me think even more it's not paranoia. But thats my two cents.

Get to that doctor! Stay on your meds and dont play with your mothers meds. It's not good for your body or brain. Goodluck to you and keep us updated.

Archived