CrazyBoards.org

Hellooooo!

I'm new here. (duh)

Sorry, not good at introductions or talking about myself.

Anyway, a friend invited me over here, and this place seems pretty nifty.

So, down to the nitty gritty.

I've been having some form of chronic daily headache for the past year. I was previously diagnosed with rebound headaches from caffeine by my gp, and have had no caffeine in about 5 months. Chocolate and I miss each other very much.

I've been on Topamax for 3 months now. It works wonderfully. Instead of 24/7 headaches, I get them maybe a few times a week to once a day, but it's tolerable. The only problem is the topamax is causing a lot of agitation and is making me very mean. My gp put me on lexapro 10mg to counteract that, but it didn't work very well. I was on it for 2 weeks and it made me very lethargic, plus it gave me some pretty nasty headaches. I have my first neuro appt. on monday morning, so hopefully I'll finally get somewhere.

Besides my headaches, I also have chronic complex PTSD. It's not too much of a problem for me at the moment. I haven't had any flashbacks or nightmares in about three years, and the only recent panic attacks I've had were medication induced. It definitely still affects me though, and I like that there is a PTSD forum here.

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you!

Mrs. Singer, welcome to our little loony bin. Please feel free to PM a mod if there's something you don't understand. We have a few rules, which you can check out when you have time, but the major one is "don't be a bigger asshole than any of the mods." he he he That takes some effort.

So, have a good time looking around. There's a private PTSD forum which cannot be seen by guests, just so you know.

olga

Mrs. Singer, welcome to our little loony bin. Please feel free to PM a mod if there's something you don't understand. We have a few rules, which you can check out when you have time, but the major one is "don't be a bigger asshole than any of the mods." he he he That takes some effort.

So, have a good time looking around. There's a private PTSD forum which cannot be seen by guests, just so you know.

olga

Thanks Olga.

I don't consider myself an asshole, although I guess I can be a little, um, opinionated.

Hi Mrs. Singer. Welcome aboard.

Headaches suck, especially the chronic kind. I try to hang out on the ptsd board, cuz I've got major f'ed up issues too. Sometimes it too triggering though. But rest assured there is always someone here to listen and help.

Croix

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I haven't been around much. It's been crazy, getting ready for xmas and everything, I've barely even glanced at the computer.

Update: I went to the ndoc today. I have to get an MRI of my brain and I have to get more bloodwork. I think he's testing me for Lyme disease. He asked if I'd ever been tested before. When I was little I was playing in the woods and I got covered in tiny little ticks, but I never had the bullseye rash.

When I got home today I searched online and found lots of cases of lyme disease that present with chronic headaches, sinus headaches, and tension headaches. So, we'll see what happens.

He said my headaches sound like sinus headaches and if my tests don't show anything he'll probably refer me to an ENT. He also didn't seem to believe that topamax is helping me and wants me to cut my dose in half. I was hoping he would increase it actually. We'll see. My headaches have been worse for the past few days, and I don't want to mess with anything. If they get better, I might try going down to 75 mg. He said I can go back up if they get worse.

I've been off of lexapro for three weeks now. The good news is I think I'm finally adjusting to the topamax and I'm not so agitated anymore. I'm still irritable sometimes, but not nearly as much.

Hey. You might want to consider starting a blog to post regular updates on life stuff rather than updating your intro post.

When I was a little kid we lived way out in the country and there were ticks all over the place. Maybe I should look into Lyme disease more and see if maybe that has more to do with why I'm tired all the time.

Mrs. Singer, I would also be very interested to hear about it if you have Lyme Disease. People get all sorts of weird symptoms with it. I imagine you have ticks where you live now, unless you're in an urban area.

Anyway, keep us posted, and it would be great if you started a blog.

olga

Sorry guys, I haven't been around much. It's been crazy, getting ready for xmas and everything, I've barely even glanced at the computer.

Update: I went to the ndoc today. I have to get an MRI of my brain and I have to get more bloodwork. I think he's testing me for Lyme disease. He asked if I'd ever been tested before. When I was little I was playing in the woods and I got covered in tiny little ticks, but I never had the bullseye rash.

When I got home today I searched online and found lots of cases of lyme disease that present with chronic headaches, sinus headaches, and tension headaches. So, we'll see what happens.

He said my headaches sound like sinus headaches and if my tests don't show anything he'll probably refer me to an ENT. He also didn't seem to believe that topamax is helping me and wants me to cut my dose in half. I was hoping he would increase it actually. We'll see. My headaches have been worse for the past few days, and I don't want to mess with anything. If they get better, I might try going down to 75 mg. He said I can go back up if they get worse.

I've been off of lexapro for three weeks now. The good news is I think I'm finally adjusting to the topamax and I'm not so agitated anymore. I'm still irritable sometimes, but not nearly as much.

Welcome!

;)

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I think starting a blog would be a good idea. I'll definitely keep you all updated.

And yes, I am still in an area where there are lots of ticks, but I don't go into the woods much anymore.

And for anyone who lives around here it's pretty much second nature to check yourself for ticks if you've been outdoors in tick season, but I haven't been had any on me in a few years.

Archived