CrazyBoards.org

What is Border Line Personality Disorder?

I have been told that I suffer from Bi Polar I Disorder. I'm also being treated for the hormone imbalance, which occurs the nearer a woman gets to menopause. However, my therapists keep asking questions that make me wonder if they really think their dealing with BDP. I would appreciate any input/insight someone with personal knowledge of this disorder could give me. Color me frustrated. ;)

I have been told that I suffer from Bi Polar I Disorder. I'm also being treated for the hormone imbalance, which occurs the nearer a woman gets to menopause. However, my therapists keep asking questions that make me wonder if they really think their dealing with BDP. I would appreciate any input/insight someone with personal knowledge of this disorder could give me. Color me frustrated. ;)

definetly check out the link above but as someone who has been diagnosed with bpd i will say this, be prepared for a whirlwind of therapy because that it pretty much the only true way to treat and cure (yes you read that right, bpd IS curable) borderline.

it's a very difficult MI to suffer from but it's one of the best to have simply because it IS cureable, it's not something (if you get proper treatment) that you will have for the rest of your life.

so happy reading and i hope you find out everything you need to know.

best of luck to you! :)

I'm sort of wondering what your therapist is asking you that made you think they were looking at BPD as a diagnosis? I know my doc has asked me questions that made me think "Oh, you're looking for BPD" but I don't think she necessarily thinks I actually HAVE it You could always just ask your therapist. That might be the easiest way to get a straight answer.

definetly check out the link above but as someone who has been diagnosed with bpd i will say this, be prepared for a whirlwind of therapy because that it pretty much the only true way to treat and cure (yes you read that right, bpd IS curable) borderline.

it's a very difficult MI to suffer from but it's one of the best to have simply because it IS cureable, it's not something (if you get proper treatment) that you will have for the rest of your life.

IF it's the diagnosis, which is a big if, still, from re-reading your post. I'm with Tryp: ask your therapist/s. There have been times I've thought my doc was asking about borderline PD, and she was just concerned about the health of my relationships due to the general shittiness that can result from bipolar disorder. So I asked outright.

People who are in the midst of a manic/depressed/mixed episode often act in ways that look like a personality disorder, which is why there's the tag on the descriptions, "not better explained by" the effects of a mood disorder, intoxication, blah blah blah. So if you've been up/down/around lately, it's pretty unlikely that borderline PD is in the list of interesting things you could have going on, but go ahead and ask, and don't be upset if you get an "I don't know right now" answer. That would be pretty standard if you've been up/down/whatever lately.

Archived