CrazyBoards.org

Anyone still take an anti-depressant?

I used to take Cymbalta and before that, Effexor, for an anti-depressant. I took these along with my other meds, but I no longer take an anti-depressant. I was wondering if anyone takes an anti-depressant along with their other meds, and how they feel. I'm thinking about asking my doctor about taking one again, as I feel like I was a more 'interesting' person on them. I guess I just felt more social and had more of a personality. In my head I did anyways. I'm not depressed feeling or suicidal or anything of the sort, I feel normal. I just feel 'bored' with myself. It's hard to explain I guess...

im taking 20mg of celexa and 15mg of zyprexa. i dont think the celexa is doing any good, i actually want to switch over to effexor. im a little flat on my meds but it is better than the angry, hypomanic me, or the super depressed me.

I did for a while, but they all sent me completely manic. Effexor gave me serotonin syndrome & flipped me out. My p-doc has suggested that if I head too much into depression we can try a 'sedating' anti-depressant but I'm not quite sure what that would be. The other option he mentioned is to switch to Lamictal as a mood-stabilizer as it has anti-depressant properties.

I'm still taking 75mg of Effexor. I don't particularly want to be but I can't seem to wean down off it. The side effects are too intense.

It doesn't affect me at this dosage as badly as some SSRI's, as in going nuts... but I am still having alot of trouble with rapid cycling.

I'm on 300 mg Wellbutrin and have been doing much better since. [6 mths]. Doc figures the Epival keeps it from activating me too much. The SSRI types are not good for me, and I wouldn't touch Effexor- it sounds ghastly.

I take Citalopram off & on. It tends to rev me up at times & make me a bit agitated, anxious. It gives me mild dry mouth & such, some insomnia, some cognitive side effects (worse short term memory, word finding difficulty). The latter is why I go off.

I've kept returning to it, as the generic is affordable, the drug has relatively low-level side effects for me, & it seems to kick in quicker than most.

Lamictal also helps prevent my depressions from getting too low.

I often think that antidepressants cause me to cycle, but my doctor thinks it could as easily be coincidence. Not sure.

I've taken:

- A bunch of various SSRIs. Result: Mania, without fail. Like whoah.

- an older gen tricyclic that I cant remember the name of. Result: worked like a charm for a while, then stopped working

- a NaSSA called Avanza. Result: awesome. Then the 20kilo weight gain. Then the cessation of effectiveness.

Im not so good with the antidepressants; it's why Im hoping against hope that I can work out the issues Im having with lamictal

I take 30mg Celexa, and I cycle throughout the year through phases where 30mg is either too much or not enough. I'm starting to think I should change to something a little more... consistent. I've been on a few antidepressants, the worst being Effexor (uuuugh) and the best being Cipralex (Canuck version of lexapro) which unfortunately wasn't covered by my substandard drug plan. Sigh. But I don't think I'm ever going to get away from having an AD in my cocktail, since I veer on the depressed side of life, or have for the past couple years anyway.

My pdoc has just put me on Fluoxetine (that's Prozac to me...who can be a bit of a dunce!) along with the lamotrigine which we're still titrating. Waiting for it to kick in.

Can't take Cipramil/Citalopram as it makes me a leeeeeetle bit too high (ok, a LOT high!) ;)

Archived