CrazyBoards.org

I can read the entire forum without logging in

This may have been mentioned before, but it seems as though I can read almost all the board without even having to log in. I must admit I do find this slightly worrying. Now that I have removed some of the more personal information from my About Me page this is better, but all the same, it is a concern.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before...

It shouldn't come as a surprise. The website with a few exceptions is searchable from Google. If it wasn't, nobody would ever find us. This point is made in the pinned post "Staying safe on the Internet", above. The User Agreement strongly indicates that you should not post your private information.

Don't know how to make it any clearer.

a.m.

[edit] The reason we allow users to access the board without logging in is so they can be totally anonymous and not feel their MI status is threatened. (It took me about 5 months to get up the courage to create a username and login).

Hey no apologies necessary! I'm pretty dense myself as I'm still drinking coffee after getting up 4 hours ago and presently can't find my wallet.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. If you are shy about it, then just PM one of the moderators for a private answer.

Best, a.m. ;)

This may have been mentioned before, but it seems as though I can read almost all the board without even having to log in. I must admit I do find this slightly worrying. Now that I have removed some of the more personal information from my About Me page this is better, but all the same, it is a concern.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before...

Also, there's a private sub-forum in PTSD that only registered users can see. Don't know if that applies to you at all, but if you need to talk about sensitive memories, you can do it there. Doesn't help much with the personal information thing, but it's good to know.

• 4 months later...

It shouldn't come as a surprise. The website with a few exceptions is searchable from Google. If it wasn't, nobody would ever find us. This point is made in the pinned post "Staying safe on the Internet", above. The User Agreement strongly indicates that you should not post your private information.

Don't know how to make it any clearer.

a.m.

Thanks AirMarshall! I'm worried about that also when I saw this thread.. ;)

Archived