CrazyBoards.org

meeting friends tomorrow

carmex

they know about the MI but havent seen it first hand, should i act as normal as I can? should i tell them not to visit (they may trigger me)? should i just ditch the thought of having real life friends?

How close are they? If they're old friends, you could try telling them (at least a little bit of) the truth. I guess it really depends on how comfortable you are/whether you want them to know what's been going on with you. Otherwise, the best thing to do is keep it short and busy. Do something outside that can give a distraction from too much talking and then get rid of them while everyone's still in a good mood.

they know about the MI but havent seen it first hand, should i act as normal as I can? should i tell them not to visit (they may trigger me)? should i just ditch the thought of having real life friends?

How close are they? If they're old friends, you could try telling them (at least a little bit of) the truth. I guess it really depends on how comfortable you are/whether you want them to know what's been going on with you. Otherwise, the best thing to do is keep it short and busy. Do something outside that can give a distraction from too much talking and then get rid of them while everyone's still in a good mood.

they flaked out on me, so nevermind them. im just gonna go to my suport group thing instead. id much rather have no friends than friends that make me feel like cr*p (and they do, really).

Archived