CrazyBoards.org

just out of curiousity, if the root cause of depression is situational, can meds help? or, as the old adage says, will time heal all wounds eventually?

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between situational depression and situational sadness. Even depression "triggered" by a certain event can still be due to a biochemical imbalance and is totally different from the normal sadness people experience after these events. Normal people still get sad after something bad happens - like a breakup, or a death - but it's not always depression. Sadness doesn't look or feel the same as depression.

I'm gonna say that by definition your depression is NOT situational, since you are diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder of which depression is a component! Your depression may have been triggered by the situation.

It's a matter of technical perspective. Doesn't make you feel any better. ;)

a.m.

i do meet the requirements for MDD, just wanted to make sure that the meds could really help me, y'know, along with the therapy, and time.

you typing 'break-up' was kinda triggery, but its cool. thanks... there is hope for me after all!

Archived