CrazyBoards.org

no dreams

Guest Hunter

I am Bi-polar and I am seeing a doctor and am on a few different meds but the problem I'm having and have had for as long as I can remember is my inability to remember my dreams. I do occasionally remember them very vaguely. This is very disappointing to me in that I love the idea of dreams and feel they are very important to humanity and understanding our subconscious. I feel like apart of me is missing. a recent theory I've come to is the relationship between my non-dream recall and my lack of ambition, or "dreams". Does any of this make sense? Does anyone else have this problem?

yes, I was put on a low dose of klonipens about a year ago, however the problem has existed for a long time. The more I think about it, the more logical explanations of why I either can't enter REM or have no dream-recall come to mind. What I am more interested in is the effects of a dreamless life. I am very artistic and creative however I feel I lack a broader understanding of things, most importantly myself. So the question here would be: What is one's life like without dreams? Is there a disadvantage? i suppose this is more fitting for a Jungian message board, but I am doing my own research on this, but if anyone has anything to add. It would be especially helpful coming from the perspectives of other people with mood disorders.

Lately I've been having discussions with my pdoc about dreams. Mainly in regards to alcohol abuse and disturbance of REM sleep.

With good sleep I can't remember shit for dreams. With bad sleep oh God the dremas I have...I just want to go back to the days of "no" dreams, as it has been of late. When I had "no" dreams I was much happier. I was sleeping much better.

Basically if you remember your dreams it's because you wake up from your dream-state sleep, which is not quite what you should be doing. if you don't remember dreams you're sleeping as you should be.

Don't bitch about not remembering dreams. I'd trade in a heartbeat. Beats waking up screaming.

Archived