CrazyBoards.org

This seems like a good place to start...

There has always been something wrong with me (I'm 28). I have mostly handled it in my own backwards way.

After being consistently mild to moderately depressed for the last three years and being seriously batshit crazy for like the last four months, I have finally got tired of my own insane thoughts and went searching for somewhere that my neurotic self can be in good company.

After lurking around these boards for a while, this place seems like my kind of spot.

So, why am I here? I have some type of depression going on, have had it for a long time. It was suggested to me last year that I probably have a mood disorder. I don't know for sure what I have - and at this moment, I'm not sure if it's that important because what I have isn't my issue. My issue is trying to accept the idea that I may need to be on medication for the rest of my life. I'm rather resistant to the idea (which I'm sure is kinda normal).

Anyway, that's some of the basics on my deal. Just lurking around here has made me feel better because I see people talking about going through some of the same stupid crap I go through - and that's a comfort. I'm looking forward to... you know... actually talking instead of just lurking and getting to know some people around here ;)

Welcome :)

I think it's totally normal to have negative feelings about psychoactive medication - I fight my poor pdoc every step of the way ;) (not that I'm suggesting this as an effective course of action). Look forward to hearing from you on the boards :)

*knocks wood* Currently, I'm getting along with the pdoc just fine. The only one I'm fighting is myself.

Thanks for the welcome! This place is probably the most "fun" I've had in a while. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but it's far better then sitting around watching the dog lick himself.

*knocks wood* Currently, I'm getting along with the pdoc just fine. The only one I'm fighting is myself.

Thanks for the welcome! This place is probably the most "fun" I've had in a while. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but it's far better then sitting around watching the dog lick himself.

I know what you mean. It's WAY better than studying for my physiology final, which is what I'm avoiding ;)

Welcome. I only got here the other day, as well, and its been very, very helpful. I learned the value of support from "like-minded" people through AA. This is like an AA meeting for MI for me...people here are kind and compasionate and know what you're talking about. I love them all.

Especially, bleeping Joe.

Gracie

Welcome to our little loony bin. Your turn to bring the donuts tomorrow. I want the one with the custard in the middle and chocolate on top.

If you get totally confused, feel free to PM a moderator to ask questions.

olga

On a laptop with no proper computer desk, I don't have the paitence to quote everyone and respond properly (but Mmm... boston creme donuts... might have to get one on the way home from the pdoc's tonight) but thanks everyone!

This is a lovely place to be! It's so nice not having to try to explain to someone how just getting out of bed takes all my energy. Seems like some people here already understand that far too well.

Plus, seems like a way better way to procrastinate ;) at least being here makes things feel a bit better.

Archived