CrazyBoards.org

Best AC for racing thoughts / busy brain

I have this exact problem, that often makes me want to blow my brains out. Can't even bloody concentrate on a simple Bill Bryson book. Even manic exercising doesn't help.

I am on 450mg Lamotrigine, occasional Valium (2mg) and 600mg XR Seroquel.

However, since my racing thoughts are often triggered by things people have said, my stress levels, things that have happened. I.e. I am annoyingly over-sensitive to stuff, I decided I would cut down on the Valium and try simple meditations, relaxation techniques. The mindfulness types and the 'imagine nothing' types do seem to help. I try to focus on the present now, do breathing exercises and find that they can give me a more wholesome kind of peace (at times) that I can't fully get on meds.

I am suggesting this as I have tried meds (see above) that have worked for a while ,but not dealt with the problem as it keeps coming back, in spite of increasing the doses.

Just wanted to offer something a bit less pharmaceutical, although I know they may be the best solution at times and for some. I suppose in my case ramping up the AP and the AC did not do much...

good luck!

I have this exact problem, that often makes me want to blow my brains out. Can't even bloody concentrate on a simple Bill Bryson book. Even manic exercising doesn't help.

I am on 450mg Lamotrigine, occasional Valium (2mg) and 600mg XR Seroquel.

However, since my racing thoughts are often triggered by things people have said, my stress levels, things that have happened. I.e. I am annoyingly over-sensitive to stuff, I decided I would cut down on the Valium and try simple meditations, relaxation techniques. The mindfulness types and the 'imagine nothing' types do seem to help. I try to focus on the present now, do breathing exercises and find that they can give me a more wholesome kind of peace (at times) that I can't fully get on meds.

I am suggesting this as I have tried meds (see above) that have worked for a while ,but not dealt with the problem as it keeps coming back, in spite of increasing the doses.

Just wanted to offer something a bit less pharmaceutical, although I know they may be the best solution at times and for some. I suppose in my case ramping up the AP and the AC did not do much...

good luck!

Seroquel works well for me too although I only take about 25-50mg daily...

Archived