CrazyBoards.org

Hi There All!

Not sure what type of depression I suffer from. My guess somewhere between psychotic depression and major depression. I take escitalopram 20mg olanzapine 20mg. Both of which seem to work. I don't feel to bad. The escitalopram seems to have taken it's time to work. Anyway thats me. Hi all!

hi chris,

welcome home.

i've never heard of those meds but they sound like real names, not brand names, so i wouldn't necessarily know them anyway. i have major depression myself and am not that familiar with psychotic depression (presumably depression with psychotic episodes?) although i have heard it discussed here. i also have an anxiety disorder but the nature of it eludes me. i'm on effexor (venlafaxine) 225 mg and seroquel (quetiapine) 50 mg. they are finally working quite nicely for me. they mostly kick butt on the depression but they also help a bit with anxiety.

there are some good resources for people of all flavours here so don't be shy.

grouse.

;) Hi Chris, welcome CrazyBoards, this site is such a wealth of information and the folks are real friendly so I'm sure you will be as "crazy" about this place as I am.  Hope to see you around the threads.  Stay well, Sulu

Archived