CrazyBoards.org

The new me

Hi, discovered this place yesterday and don't want to lurk without contributing. I am the bearer of a depression dx since I was 15 (I'm now 31) and these days it's just me, not a condition.

I do go to therapy (I like to throw my money at people who are convinced it's good for me and I always aim to please) and have continued to take meds consistently for the last 6-7 years even though I've never found a cocktail that really made it worth the $$$ I spend. Bitter much?

I also use Adderall, 10mg daily for work, to keep me from losing my job and my sanity. It's the only thing that's ever allowed me to feel motivated, focused, smart and confident for more than a few minutes. Wish I could take a little more but pdoc is worried about racing heart, etc. since I also take Wellbutrin. Lovely to meet you.

What good can come from a day that starts with getting up?

"What good can come from a day that starts with getting up?"

I'm in this club right now...so I know whereof you speak. I could lay down on my office floor right now and never get up.

Welcome Foley. It really is a great place to hang out...it definitely grows on you. Hope its helpful for you.

Gracie

"What good can come from a day that starts with getting up?"

Once you're awake there's always the option of going back to bed.

Indeed. And I celebrate that option - usually without even getting out of bed in the first place - on the weekends. If only I found that sleeping more improves my mood - but alas, it only has that effect when I'm sleeping. When I wake up, it's still me. We who deal with this know 'Groundhog Day' is too quaint a term for the feeling.

Archived