CrazyBoards.org

National "Bipolar & MDD Sucks Ass" Week

I would like to officially declare my declaration that:

Bipolar Disorder Sucks Ass.

What with lovely traits such as :sadness, anxiety, obsessing, head conversations, rage and crying, where could you hope to find a better disease?

For these things and more, Bipolar Disorder has been officially declared Ass Sucking.

*civilized clapping*

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but it is the middle of the week... don't you think that bipolar sucks ass week deserves a *full* week of... ummm... celebration...?

Oh, dear me. You are so right. What a silly oversight on the part of my bipolar-ridden brain.

What do you thing we should do?

s9: What about you, dahlink? Full week?

(love the song idea ;) )

Most sincerely crazy,

Phoenix

I'm thinking, maybe....an anger-infused anxiety attack with intermittent crying.

I'm contemplating a wildly manic shopping spree with money I don't have, followed by picking a fight with every other driver on the roads and then maybe spending the night rearranging all the furniture 10 or 12 times.

I think I'm going to get out of a nearly 3 month suicidal depression just in time to scale the dizzy heights of my hypomania just in time for Christmas and the busiest time of the year at work...watch me back-chat all the lawyers that I work with ;)

Knowing me, I'll probably follow that with another visit from the 'Black Dog'...I'm not going to feed it this time though...it's getting no left over turkey from me! Unless, that is, it's about 3 weeks past it's sell by date...

In honour of Bipolar Sucks Arse week, I think Im going to have a screaming fit at my best friend for not magically understanding the hidden subtext in the emails Im sending him.

Then I'll have a fight with my boyfriend because we're not having enough sex

Then I might spend all my rent money on Kiva donations and shoes with ridiculously high heels.

To round it all off, I might not sleep for three days!

Bipolar is awesome ;)

Oh goody! All aboard the Bipolar Express!

How will I celebrate? Let's see, after a complete fucking TEASE of feeling normal for a few days on my new meds, I think I'm going to plunge right back into ultraultraultraultradian cycling (=fast enough to give a whale whiplash). I will spend the day dreaming of going to bed at 7, and then in the evening I will be all revved up and not want to sleep anymore ever. I will not enjoy any manic euphoria, but instead will be agitated and paranoid and jump out of my skin at the drop of a hat. When depressed, everything I look at will make me feel like I'm in a David Lynch movie. And then at any moment, everything will change again.

Or maybe, like...

On the 12th day of Christmas bipolar gave/stole from me...

On the first day of Christmas bipolar stole from me --- all predictability.

(or, "Any shot at living med-free.")

I think I'm going to plunge right back into ultraultraultraultradian cycling (=fast enough to give a whale whiplash).

UPDOWNUPDOWNUPDOWNUPDOWNUPDOWN... what do you mean only two hours have passed?

At times like that, I long for the 'relief' of mood cycles that last over glorious periods of weeks or months.

I have never related to a thread more than I do to this one... Holy crap... I am bipolar. You can check off every diagnostic criteria for BPAD and it still won't fit as perfectly as this thread.

I am stunned at how much I can relate to the experiences in these posts...I never thought anyone's experience was like mine. I'm kinda happy that I'm not so special. :);)

I think I'll celebrate with a bout of depression 'cause you know I don't have any money or anything to do. Then I'll go on a two day cleaning spree to get out all of this blankity-blank energy because I have nowhere to go and no money to spend and I'm going freaking crazy just sitting here staring at the walls, then I'll just, like, cry for a while because everyone I care about is gone and I'm all alone for the holidays - then I'll break and rage at my relative because they just don't understand that I want to be left alone in my misery godsdamnit!!!

Or I can just veg out in front of the computer and TV because my meds are working and I really don't have the energy for all of that... *sigh* But damn it, it's what I would have done - before Topamax... and it's what I'm *very* close to doing. So, so close.

but it is the middle of the week... don't you think that bipolar sucks ass week deserves a *full* week of... ummm... celebration...?

Oh, dear me. You are so right. What a silly oversight on the part of my bipolar-ridden brain.

What do you thing we should do?

I say we go with the Bipolar Sucks Ass Long Weekend. Like, Thursday through Monday. Kinda Thanksgiving-y, I think, right down to the family feuds.

yes, lets celebrate! i'll dispense the cocktails (i'll have an AAP, with ice chips) ...and play my favorite mixed states, oh i meant mixtapes...

Carmex, you're either brilliantly hilarious or hilariously brilliant. Or both. I was never good at these multiple choice questions...

I'm going with stable, folks. ;)

Stacia, that kicks ASS! (eh? ehhh?)

I think I'll spend my Bipolar Week/Weekend bouncing between having nothing at all to do at work, to having to defy the laws of space-time to get last minute jobs taken care of... all the while bouncing from highly productive hypomania to panicky euphoria, down to guilt ridden anxiety, back up to Master Of The Universe euphoria, then crashing down down down into paranoid depression...

As the BPSA un-holiday coincides with Christmas, it will also be spent repeatedly answering my parents questions of "are you doing okay? you seem to be doing really well" and me going "yes, yes I'm doing pretty good" cause they are really trying to be positive and I'm feeling just the exact opposite...

Did I mention that I hate Christmas? I friggin hate Christmas.......

I'll be cycling from a "I'm gonna kick your ass" mood to "why doesn't anyone like me?" to "Aren't I fabulous!" to "what's the point of it all" continuously while my mind runs at 100mph but my body stays at 0 and I bounce between chain smoking in the bathroom and sitting vegetatively at the computer.

And then I will "wake up" and feel "normal" and clear at about 4pm just in time to fall asleep exhausted on the couch.

Archived