CrazyBoards.org

county doc won't rx benzos

My county pdoc won't prescribe me any benzo's because its addictive. He'd rather have me take extra Zyprexa PRN on top of the 20 mg i already take. It sucks because I think I need it, and I have no substance abuse issues at all. ;)

My county pdoc won't prescribe me any benzo's because its addictive. He'd rather have me take extra Zyprexa PRN on top of the 20 mg i already take. It sucks because I think I need it, and I have no substance abuse issues at all. ;)

carmex-

It could be that the county doc is not "authorized" to prescribe certain medications. This could be either a result of "county policy" or it could be even a case of previous abuse of prescription priviledges.....governed the AMA or other oversite body. Of course she/he is not going to tell you that's the case.

Regards,

Deepster

might he not be doing it because he feels benzos might not be best for your treatment at this time? just because he won't prescribe them to you now, doesn't mean that he won't necessarily in the future, if he deems them necessary.

sometimes patients and doctors conflict in how they think they should be treated. he might not think that benzos are for you. that is something to bring up again in discussion.

Archived