CrazyBoards.org

Clinical trials FREE drugs.

No you don't get free lifetime medication. The "benefits" for each is different.

And you have to stick to the plan or you're booted from the trial. And you may be testing something that turns out to work fabulously for you that never ends up coming onto market.

So.

Yeah.

No such thing as a free lunch but it may be helpful for few.

Thanks for the link, Survivor! Very interesting reading about what is being trialled.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to come off my meds for some of the trials. I was however interested to read of the ashwaganda (withania) trial for bipolar. I'd started on ashwaganda of my own accord but only got to take it for a month before the supply got caught up in quarantine - apparently permanently. I'm trying to find another source as I don't think a month was long enough, and the amount certainly wasn't as much as what is being used in the trial (500mg).

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful of clinical trials. Sometimes they will give you a drug that is not on the market yet and when the trial ends, often times you will not be able to get the med. I'm not saying it's not an option for some people, but just be aware of all the aspects of the trial before you sign anything.

Archived