CrazyBoards.org

heylo

hello, um, i'm a sophomore and i've been quiet and undermotivated all my life (i've tried, but everything that comes out is so immature, so i stopped doing that), and now as i'm about to become an adult, i've realized that I really don't want to live. I like to think i'm normal and that. It's like i'm not really mentally ill or anything, which makes me think that all that's happened to me is my fault. I've never been abused as a child and my parents were good to me and get along well together, and i've been to a few good schools, so i'm not sure what is the problem.

so, uh, hello everyone :]

hello, um, i'm a sophomore and i've been quiet and undermotivated all my life (i've tried, but everything that comes out is so immature, so i stopped doing that), and now as i'm about to become an adult, i've realized that I really don't want to live. I like to think i'm normal and that. It's like i'm not really mentally ill or anything, which makes me think that all that's happened to me is my fault. I've never been abused as a child and my parents were good to me and get along well together, and i've been to a few good schools, so i'm not sure what is the problem.

you're a sophomore in college or high school (college, i assume)?

you don't have to have had a bad childhood to have a mental illness. chemical imbalances don't really care about your family, friends, or socioeconomic status, you know?

if you don't already, it would be a great idea to see a therapist. if you are in college, maybe you can go to your school's counseling center? i do think it would be a great idea for you to talk to someone... a professional, i mean.

welcome to the boards.

you don't have to have had a bad childhood to have a mental illness. chemical imbalances don't really care about your family, friends, or socioeconomic status, you know?

if you don't already, it would be a great idea to see a therapist. if you are in college, maybe you can go to your school's counseling center? i do think it would be a great idea for you to talk to someone... a professional, i mean.

welcome to the boards.

thanks ;)

I'm still toying with idea of going to see a school counselor/therapist. it could be that i'm embarassed about it and don't want to talk about it. I rarely talk to anyone so it's difficult for me to do that.

Welcome to Crazyboards! I hope that you find some good information and help here. I agree that therapy is very helpful, and I will add that they can only help you if you tell them what's going on with you.

Look around and don't be afraid to ask questions. You can send a PM to any of the mods if you don't understand something. Please also check out the forum we have for students.

olga

Hi, there's quite a few college students on here- for some reason the joys of MI tend to hit hardest for the first time when we get into our 20s.

I can understand the embarrassment, but depression is a medical condition and your college can help you out a lot if you are honest with them.

It's nice to have you here.

oh, and I must've not read the earlier posts properly, sorry for the confusion.

i'm in 2nd year high school. So i'm 15 now.

yes, that's why I asked before:

being a sophomore in high school versus being a sophomore in college are two different animals, not to mention the age difference (not that age is everything).

Archived