CrazyBoards.org

Hiyas.  3 days ago I started on Zyprexa... just 5 mg right now.  I also take 40 mg Celexa.

My Pdoc advised me that I will probably feel some sedation but I am seriously having trouble staying awake.  Fortunately, My husband has been home for the last 3 days so I have been able to sleep a LOT...but I have a toddler and a newborn and I need to be awake during the day as well as getting up for those 3am feedings.

What I want to know is,will this Zonked out tiredness diminish at all? I mean..I can handle feeling a bit tired but I really hope I don't continue to feel like I am about to pass out any minute.

Any thoughts on this?

Funny, I just started Zyprexa three days ago too and other than being more depressed and disfunctional, it seems to give me insomnia  ;)   But the County Nurse practitioner, which barring going to the ER freaking out again took me off Seroquel cold turkey at the same time...I kind of feel like hell in a I just dont care sort of way...this stuff was suppossed to help with my SI and general state of malfunctioning existance...oh well....I want my Seroquel back.

BTW Gravy boat, you might be being hit by more than the Zyprexa...my sis experienced extreme tiredness and sleepiness as a kind of post partum depression. Congrats on the new sprig! and I hope you get over the sleepys.

I've been back on 10mg for about 5 weeks and the tiredness hasn't let up - I don't remember being like this when I first was on it (nearly 2 years ago) - although I've had quite a heavy cold for the last 2 weeks - probably adding to the fatigue. I can get to and from work ok and luckily my current work tasks are fairly undemanding..otherwise I'd be in trouble.

My husband was very tired when he first started Zyprexa. He was on it for bp mania for about a year, but then went into a depression. Doctor upped his dosage from 5mg to 15mg. After some tinkering with other stuff, lamictal was added. Hubby then dropped the zyprexa because he said it made his head feel like it weighed 100 pounds. This threw him into severe anxiety and panic. So now he is at 5mg zyprexa and 125mg lamictal. He is starting to have more stable days. He still has trouble getting up in the morning, but he functions better every day.

I have been taking Zyprexa 10mg since the beginning of the year. At first the difficulty waking up was rough, this did pass. I still seltpt 12+ hours though. I have just recently lowered to 5mg and I really notice the difference. I do not sleep as many hours, although at first I had some trouble falling asleep because I was used to the larger dose, and I find it much easier to wake up and get going in the morning. But I do not think I could ever get up in the middle of the night to take care of a child because once asleep I am completley zonked out. See if you can't get your husband to help you out with the night feedings, see if he is willing to go and get the baby for you and then return her/him to bed once the feeeding is over.

Erika

Archived