CrazyBoards.org

equivalent potencies of AAPs

I'm at 20 mg zyprexa, but it still does not control the negative ruminations. i am looking to try risperdal or seroquel. what are the equivalent potencies between these AAPs? 20 mg Z= x mg Risperdal= x mg Seroquel etc. Thanks.

carmex, it seems you're in a big hurry to keep changing meds because you want all your symptoms fixed "right now." Try to relax for a bit and give your brain a chance to acclimate.

Some of us have put up with symptoms for many, many, many years before finding the right combination of meds.

did i spell "acclimate" right? It looks funny.

only reason why is because i spoke with pdoc and he just got lab results in which my cholesterol is elevated. he said that he will have to change the zyprexa into something else... i've gained 20 lbs in a month and don't think its too bad but i guess the labwork proves otherwise. i love my zyprexa, and i will miss it ;)

only reason why is because i spoke with pdoc and he just got lab results in which my cholesterol is elevated. he said that he will have to change the zyprexa into something else... i've gained 20 lbs in a month and don't think its too bad but i guess the labwork proves otherwise. i love my zyprexa, and i will miss it ;)

Ummmm, you're going to have a rough time running away from that particular side effect, especially if you're looking at Risperdal or Seroquel. I think you need to follow the previous advice and get stable before you start thinking change. THEN, you need to think cost vs benefit. Last time I checked, they all (meds) have some side effect or another, yanno?

Carmex, the relative potencies as far as mg aren't the issue.

If you love your Zyprexa and don't want to give it up, the first line response can be to treat yourself as "diabetic until proven otherwise" in terms of your diet and to start some aggressive lifestyle changes to manage your lipids. Diet and exercise, babe.

If your triglycerides are through the roof, say goodbye to your sugared sodas. Actually, on Zyprexa, just say goodbye to them anyway.

Zyprexa doesn't turn you into an air fern. You have to still take the calories in somehow.

If you can commit to those changes, you might get to continue it.

Ready to do it?

Archived