CrazyBoards.org

Anxiety & coffee/alcohol

In the past year or so, I've had the most horrible night terror/anxiety the night after I've been out drinking. This happens about every second time. I also have anxiety-ridden hangovers the day after along with hangover-blues. It mostly consists of terrifying images which flash through my head for hours. A lot of times I can't sleep at all and just lie there, half-awake, drunk and in full panic mode. I don't usually suffer from any kind of anxiety.

Now I'm thinking that maybe certain kinds of alcohol are more apt to induce anxiety than others, since it only happens every other time? Someone once mentioned to me that red wine does this in particular. Late-night coffee in combination with alcohol will also give me night terrors.

Have any of you experienced a difference depending on what you drink? Or am I just making it up in the hopes of finding a way to drink without the horrible anxiety-hangover-effect?

Or am I just making it up in the hopes of finding a way to drink without the horrible anxiety-hangover-effect?
This would be my guess. I don't drink anymore, but when I did I drank a lot. My hangovers were always angsty. I could never understand how people could actually sleep through a hangover.

I don't think it matters what kind of alcohol you drink, but I don't know.

Archived