CrazyBoards.org

Which AD did you feel work the fastest?

I know they all technically take a few weeks to do what they're supposed to but did you feel the effects of any of them right away?

It depends on what you mean by "effects." So far, Cymbalta holds the record for me: two hours after taking the first dose I was pulling off the road, hoping to be able to get out of the car before the vomiting could start. I was one sick puppy for the rest of the day.

Otherwise, Wellbutrin and desipramine would be my fastest for positive effects: noticeable improvement in the first few days, but it did take a month or so to get the WB stable (vs. fading in and out)

The SSNRIs are faster acting for me, but the SSRIs are effective for longer. Regardless, most if not all poop after as short as 6 mos. (Cymbalta) and as long as 3-5 years (Prozac, I can't remember--it was a long time ago.) Effexor wasn't super fast acting, but it outlasted Cymbalta measured in years, which seems weird to me since they are both SSNRIs.

Adding Wellbutrin to a pooping Lexapro (worked for 2 years, 3-4 weeks time for initial improvement), has been pretty kick ass.

More than you ever asked for!

Effexor effected me the quickest but didn't do what it was supposed to for a couple of weeks. I can't remember how long it took zoloft to work but it was the most memorable for me in terms of feeling good. And it lasted the longest.

Selegiline.

I was being batshit out of the country once and a fellow batshitter gave me it in tablet form. In an hour, I was laughing and cracking jokes. Which is why when I accepted that I needed an ad, I chose Emsam. Active ingredient: seligiline.

Heh, Emsam did not make me immediately giggle, but it did improve my lethargy and get rid of the feeling like I was moving my limbs through quicksand in about two days.

Lexapro worked in about two days too. I went from functioning but depressed to being unable to get out bed and barely keep my eyes open.

Archived