CrazyBoards.org

I absolutely hate being bored because I know it is going to lead me to be in one of those extremely depressed mode where I start ranting and raving how horrible my life is.

School doesn't start until next Thursday. I only have to work tonight and friday night. I don't have any friends where I am going to school.

I'm trying to keep myself busy like going to the gym, the humane shelter or walmart. But those fill only brief periods of time.

Feeling like this is like being pull under the water and not being able to breathe. I'm about to go nuts. I wonder how my neighbors would react to me running through the parking lot screaming?

I hate this.

i feel for you auburn. I myself spend most of the time at home, just browsing stuff online with the TV on the background. I get really restless when I'm bored, like i want to go do something but don't know what. I like the idea of running in the streets screaming.

stay well,

carmex

It totally sucks. When you have time, there isn't enough to do. And then sometimes you get swamped with work and wish you had more time.

Could you kill some time at a library, or are you too restless to read and browse? Are there any pretty and safe places where you could take walks? Would it be possible for you to start learning some (inexpensive) craft? (The arts & crafts section at the library may provide some inspiration.)

Sometimes I jump on a train and go to an artsy suburb and check out the second hand bookshops. I can only do that when i'm not anxious though, the combination of anxiety, depression and boredom is a killer.

Have you organized everything for school? neatened your bookshelf? cleaned your room? contacted books? brought stationary?

thanks guys!

Everything is all cleaned and organized. Tomorrow I'll probably scrub the floor with a toothbrush just to pass the time ;-).

I brought brand new notebooks and pens for classes. Waiting on money to buy books. If I could I would already be studying away (at least I tell myself that).

I do read a lot but right now I'm kind of burnt out on reading. It's not unusual for me to read a couple of books a day.

Oh well before I know I will be up to my eyeballs in work and school and will be praying for some free time. I'm just going to TRY and enjoy it.

thanks guys!

Everything is all cleaned and organized. Tomorrow I'll probably scrub the floor with a toothbrush just to pass the time ;-).

I brought brand new notebooks and pens for classes. Waiting on money to buy books. If I could I would already be studying away (at least I tell myself that).

I do read a lot but right now I'm kind of burnt out on reading. It's not unusual for me to read a couple of books a day.

Oh well before I know I will be up to my eyeballs in work and school and will be praying for some free time. I'm just going to TRY and enjoy it.

Ha, one of the things I was going to say was reading, but I totally understand being sort of "read-out" in between semesters. If you really want to, though, you could go to the library and see if they have any interesting books on tape/CD, maybe?

You can also rent some movies (I suggest brainless comedies, nothing heavy or depressing) and just relax.

I don't know where your school/dorms are in respect to actual human life (as in, are you able to go to a mall or something even if it is only to window shop?).

I am unemployed and I get bored too. I just try to be creative and think outside the box for things to do. I have a bad habit of sleeping when I run out of ideas.

Archived