CrazyBoards.org

About a week and a half ago I started Deplin, 7.5mg in the morning. For the last couple of days I've been feeling really wrong. In that specific way I feel wrong when I've forgotten to take a med. I mostly just thought that was awfully wierd, as I knew I had in fact taken them all. Then I realized I hadn't taken the Deplin for a couple days, so I took one a liand am maybe feeling a bit better.

So, what I'm wondering is if it's even remotely possible that skipping a couple days of Deplin, after having only been on it such a short time, could actually have such a dramatic effect? I wouldn't have thought so, but...?

My other meds, if relevent, are Effexor 225, lamictal 150, seroquel 100-200, & adderall 30.

About a week and a half ago I started Deplin, 7.5mg in the morning. For the last couple of days I've been feeling really wrong. In that specific way I feel wrong when I've forgotten to take a med. I mostly just thought that was awfully wierd, as I knew I had in fact taken them all. Then I realized I hadn't taken the Deplin for a couple days, so I took one a liand am maybe feeling a bit better.

In the absence of an extreme daily need for folic acid, it's hard to believe that the problem is truly neurochemical. Even then, the deficiency should take some time to kick in.

An important thing about what you posted, though:

For the last couple of days I've been feeling really wrong. In that specific way I feel wrong when I've forgotten to take a med.

You already have learned the hard way what can happen when you skip a medication. You take the Deplin just like any of the other medications that screw you over when you skip them ... Whether you have a serious medical need for Deplin or not, don't expect your brain to care about the pharma details, or wait for the train wreck to warn you, when it just knows trouble is coming.

Archived