CrazyBoards.org

Help Please

Guest Megan

Okay, So I'm 15. I suffer from Depression and I'm in therapy. A couple days ago I deciened I need to "eat healthier" (trying not to stuff myself). It's only been a couple days and I am dropping pants sizes like nobody business. It's crazy I try to eat normally but I'm FULL. My mom is asking me why I'm doing this. I'm not I'm just trying DO STAY HEALTHY!! If I bring this up with my theripist she will not believe and put me on medicine and but me in the mental hospital. So if you can give me some advise that would be wonderful.

Hi,

Welcome to crazyboards ;)

If my friend was depressed, and all of a sudden was losing lots of weight I would be worried that she was either so depressed that she didn't have an appetite, or felt so out of control that she was using not eating to try and feel better.

This might not be the case for you. What is your bmi? are you at a healthy weight?

Either way it is not healthy to be losing more than 1 kilo a week, and that is if you are very overweight. I think it's worth talking to your therapist about it.

How much are you eating?

Okay, So I'm 15. I suffer from Depression and I'm in therapy. A couple days ago I deciened I need to "eat healthier" (trying not to stuff myself). It's only been a couple days and I am dropping pants sizes like nobody business. It's crazy I try to eat normally but I'm FULL. My mom is asking me why I'm doing this. I'm not I'm just trying DO STAY HEALTHY!! If I bring this up with my theripist she will not believe and put me on medicine and but me in the mental hospital. So if you can give me some advise that would be wonderful.

Yeah, "dropping pants sizes like nobody's business" within a couple of days while eating normally is highly unlikely. So, I would just like to know what your definition of "healthy" is?

How have you changed your eating habits? Why do you think your appetite has changed so drastically?

Dropping pants sizes in days? That's a little on the unbelievable side. Even if you stopped eating completely.

Do you have a history of eating disorder? Otherwise I'm not sure why a couple days of what you're calling healthy eating patterns would put you in the hospital.

I don't understand

Can you explain a little more?

No history of an eating disorders. And I am 5'3" and 148 pounds. And I do eat at least 2 medium size meals a day. If not 3 smaller ones. Also my theripist threats if I harm myself in any way shes going to put me away for a while. I have no idea what to do. I can't stop eating the way I eat. Also my faimly is WAY OVERWEIGHT on my dad's side so thats were the 148 pounds come in. If this helps in anyway please reply back. Thanks. Megan.

ok, you said:

A couple days ago I deciened I need to "eat healthier" (trying not to stuff myself). It's only been a couple days and I am dropping pants sizes like nobody business. It's crazy I try to eat normally but I'm FULL. My mom is asking me why I'm doing this. I'm not I'm just trying DO STAY HEALTHY!!

So, I asked in my last post, but I will ask again: What change(s) did you make? What is different between what you were doing "a couple days ago" and what you are doing now? What is your definition of "eat healthier?"

No history of an eating disorders. And I am 5'3" and 148 pounds. And I do eat at least 2 medium size meals a day. If not 3 smaller ones. Also my theripist threats if I harm myself in any way shes going to put me away for a while. I have no idea what to do. I can't stop eating the way I eat. Also my faimly is WAY OVERWEIGHT on my dad's side so thats were the 148 pounds come in. If this helps in anyway please reply back. Thanks. Megan.

What do you mean by "eating the way you eat"? We are not understanding what that is.

If you really are losing weight as rapidly as you say you are, that is severely unhealthy, and I'm not even talking about mental health right now, but physical. It is something that needs to be addressed.

Archived