CrazyBoards.org

Last night was my first sober New Year's Eve in a very very long time. Yay me! I was the designated driver for the evening, and due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't get home until 2:30 a.m. Usually, I take my nightly dose of Seroquel (50 mg) at around 9 pm and am in bed by 10, happily turning out the light.

So here's the question: if for whatever reason I'm not at home at a reasonable hour (which almost never happens) is it better to A) take the seroquel whenever I do get home, and just know I'll be worthless for the first half of the next day, or B) skip the entire dose? Last night I went with A. Anyone have any experience to share?

Happy new year to everyone here. May 2009 prove to be, well, just easier for all of us.

Wish, I don't know enough about the med to say. Some meds need to be taken at a certain time to keep a good level in your system, some can be taken at more flexible times. You really need to see a pharmacist or a pdoc and ask them.

I'd skip it since at that dose it's basically a sleeping pill anyway.

For most people, it is a sleeping pill at that dose. But because I'm a small person and exceptionally sensitive to meds, it's more than that for me. On the advice of my pdoc a few weeks ago, I cut my dose in half because of some side effects. Within three days, I was suicidal and in a mixed state (I'm diagnosed BPII). Went back up, within a week was no longer suicidal. My doc calls it the "theraputic dose for a four-year old." I call it, "what works for me."

Archived